Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright well, here is the deal. i bought a skunk 2 im, B&M fuel pressure reg, B&M gauge, and a port and polished throttle body. all is in, torqued, and ready to go. all but the aem fuel rail. i had to buy the fuel rail because my throttle cable line and stock fuel pressure reg wouldnt line up. so, even though the aem fuel rail is for the 94-01 tegs, the guy at my shop told me it would still fit my 92 gsr. well, it fits, but doesnt seal the injectors right. It doesnt seat right because those fuel rail insulators are too tall. i need them to be about half the size so that the aem fuel rail will sit a little lower than what it is currently. is this going to be ok to do??? can i cut the insulators to half the size??? any other suggestions on what to put in their place??? any help would be great.

thx, Kevin

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
What are the ones that you currently have? Is it stock? If not, try getting stock ones.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Ummmm... please refresh my memory here. The insulators go on the fuel rail correct? Look in this picture and tell me if its the ones that is shown on my JRSC IM.

There's only two that you can see in that picture, the middle and the passenger side one. There is another shot at another angle in the next picture.

Or is the insulators these green things that is already in the injector holes? Wait these are injector seals I belive?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The web address you provided didn't work.

I'm guessing that on your 92 GSR it may be different then because these red circles are where my fuel rail connects to the IM. Thats the only thing thats connected to anything besides the fuel injectors and the fuel lines at the ends of the fuel rail.

The only thing that I had on mines was just the little plastic insulator/spacer/etc (whatever you call it) and a screw to screw the fuel rail onto the IM.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Actually I do have those insulator/spacers on mine. I just didn't have them in the pictures.

I think it matters most if you have a snug fit on the injectors. Whatever you do on the fuel rail and IM is up to you. As long as you can get it to stay sturdy. So if you have to cut the ones you have now in half to make it work, I don't think its a problem.

·
Registered
662 Posts
oh they def do i replaced my fuel rail with an aem and they are present. if you need to half them then go to the acura dealer and get some and cut them try that if that doesnt work then youprolly cant use it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.