Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got a question and any one with some info plz tell. So im wondering what this screw that seems to be an adjustment screw does on the fuel rail shown in the pic. ive got a 95 teg, and i believe theres a plastic cap usually goes over this part. anyone know what this screw does if anything?

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
That's the fuel pulsation damper. It keeps the fuel flowing "smoothly", so that each injector sees a similar amount of fuel, and fuel pressure.

I really don't think it's an adjustment screw. It's probably there to hold the innards together. There's no need to adjust fuel pressure, which would be done with an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. If your fuel pressure is too high, it could be a clogged line or failing fuel injector. If it's too low, it could be a bad fuel pump, fuel filter, or fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone know where to get one of these screws? Mine fell out when I removed my plastic cap, and now cannot find it. Or would I even need it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yes hero is correct, its just sinply a diaphram with a rubber insulator that almost "absorbs" differences in the pulse of injector spray. only thing that screw does is removes the cap over the diaphram.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Closest thing I can find is #2 right here...

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1994&catcgry3=3DR+RS&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FUEL%2BPIPE%2B(1)&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

...which is the entire unit. You might shoot them an email, and see if it includes the screw, or ask if you can buy the screw separately.

There's always the junkyard option too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.