·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '95 integra ls automatic with the following mods :
rs akimoto short ram intake
dc sports header 4-2-1
tanabe muffler

what should my fuel pressure be? i measured it, and it says 31 psi. i read somewhere that stock should be around 40-48. what could be the culprit to my low pressure? after i reinstalled my stock fuel pressure regulator (aftermarket broke (long story)), my psi dropped again to 28. Can someone tell me what to do?!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if you are going to work on your engine yourself, it would be a smart move to get a Helms service manual. This way you don't guess. Guessing leads to mistakes. Mistakes lead to damage. And damage makes you poorer.

for the record the B18B FP is 40-47 psi vacuum line off. The fuel pressure should be what your air fuel ratio dictates. This is how you tune your fuel...whether it be for an FPR or for a fuel controller like an Apex AFC or for an ECU reprogram. Never copy someone else's settings and never guess.

If you don't know, if you are running too rich or too lean, then read your spark plugs. The colour of the flecs on the spark plug electrode and porcelain portion will tell you AT IDLE whether you are running lean or rich or right. If you want to know what the condition is at full throttle, you have to do a full throttle run and immediately pull over without idling or coasting and read your plugs then. You can start with somewhere in the middle range of the stock spec like 42-43 psi. An i/h/e setup does not require you to crank the FP high. Remember if you exceed the stock FP range by more than 20-25% the injectors have to work harder and therefore, it reduces the injector lifespan. You only need to crank up that high if your air fuel ratio needs dictate it like when you get high compression pistons and headwork or go FI or N2O....

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts