Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of yanking my rear seats out to disconnect the power to the fuel pump can I just let the car run out of gas to release the pressure in the fuel lines before I change the fuel filter?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Running the car out of gas seems like a huge pain in the butt. Just take your time and take the hose off slowly (wear safety glasses) and you should be set.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah don't even worry about releasing the fuel pressure. Just let off the bolt slowly, I just did this a couple weeks ago. Also, at Jiffy Lube where I used to work, we changed fuel filters on every make&model every day w/o worrying about releiving the pressure....not a problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
how much is a new fuel filter gues cuz I think I might need a new one soon. I got 160,000 miles on my teg and it still runs strong.

·
Registered
332 Posts
just lose the bolts and do it i have done this my self and is easy just watch out for the top bolt not to bend the fuel line cause it might break to be safe just take it to jiffy lube with the filter if u already boughtit

·
Registered
273 Posts
woww just pull the fuel pump fuse. its the big ugly brown box located next to the hood release. you pull it start the three times. with each time the car will not start. it empties the line. then change fuel filter. you guys are crazy for doing it with the line still full.

·
Registered
273 Posts
yeah...i think. i dont think kills the power to the ecu. it does kill the power to the fuel pump. i'll have to check about the ecu part. but yeah, it makes working on the fuel lines or any other fuel part a lot safer and easier.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Unplugging the main relay kills the IGP1 power feed (Power source for the ECM control circuit) to the ECU. The ECU still has IGP2 and VBU power sources connected, so apparently the ignition signal is disabled but not the injector drivers. I didn't ever try this because I thought the injectors would be disabled also. I have my starter kill hooked into this circuit so that the main relay doesn't engage. I thought I was killing the injectors as well as the spark. I can set my alarm in valet mode with starter kill operational and crank until I get oil pressure after an oil change. I thought I wasn't also fuel washing the cylinders, but apparently I am. Ooops

1 - 13 of 13 Posts