Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to get a fuel pressure regulator and pressure guage to go on it but they do not list the B&M for a 2000 gsr. They do however list it for a 99 what is the difference? Is anyone else running a fuel pressure gauge on a 2000 gsr? If so which brand? Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
68 Posts
side note: I recently put the B&M gauge and regulator on my car in preperation for the build, quite possiably this was the easiest set of mods to make, ever. completely brainless work, and easy to do get at the parts you need to mess with.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm have a fuel pressure gauge on my 2000 GSR. It definitely helps when making adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator. I'm sorry but I don't remember the brand that I have but I can check for you if you wish.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I've been running the B&M FPR with gauge for over a year now. No problems with it yet.

It's a pretty universal Honda FPR for the most part. It will work on Integra, Civic, Accord, and even NSX. (all depending on year).

only 2 gripes about it:

The gauge is not liquid filled and vibrates which sometimes makes it hard to read what psi you're getting.

and 2, you have to hack your stock regulator to adapt this on to it.

Other than that, it gets an A in my book.

·
Registered
54 Posts
how about the obx? it has a gauge and works just as well as the rest.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I can't speak for the OBX ones. I had a shifter of theirs before, and well, it was definitely cheaply made.

The only other FPR I have seen up close and working, is one made by a company called "Cosmo Racing".

Don't know if you guys have heard of 'em. 2 of my friends have their units.It comes complete with liquid filled gauge and adjustable regulator all in 1 unit. It's pretty nice. They run somewhere aroun $85-$100 shipped.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the problem with the "cheaper" FPR's which modify the stock regulators is that they can't go DOWN on the FP to as low as you like it rather than cranking up the FP. Secondly they aren't rising rate FPR's if that's what you're after. But for most people usually with i/h/c/e, the B&M is affordable and does the job.

for those of you with fairly aggressive setups (i.e. more than i/h/c/e) and using these modified stock FPR's, Irecommend you go the pressure valve relief hole enlargement on the stock FPR portion as recommended by Endyn. Saves you a lot of idling and cat code issues with the extra fuel delivery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info guys, what i am doing is trying to get all my stuff together to run my zex kit. I will be running the zex wet kit and i need to jack the fuel pressure up if need, will it work ok for this? Also i think i have to get a after market fuel rail to run the wet kit is this true? If so i will probably go with a AEM, will the b&m still work with this set- up.

P.S if anyone is running the zex wet kit did you tap off your stock fuel rail or did you have to go after market? Also if you have a fuel pressure regulator does it work ok with it? again thanks for all the help

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you haven't bought the zex kit yet i have a gsr nos plate system for sale.

it comes with all the components plus an extra gsr intake manifold with it all hooked up already. i will also throw in the 10lb nos bottle....400+shipping

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah man i already have the kit but thanks anyway. So is the B&M a (cheaper) fpr? If so tell me what i should get and i will look into it. I am more then likley going to be running a 75 wet so i will more then likley need the extra fuel right? Also if anybody has a graph to show you how to put the fuel pressure regulator i'd be greatful..

All the help the better i have never messed with the fuel before. So if i need to do the drill mod to keep from fouling out my plugs and getting bad gas mileage let me know. because really what your saying is that if i go with the b&m i want be able to turn it down right??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts