Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a fuel preasure regulator be of any use to a 1994 LS with mild mods?

The reason i ask is i can get a very good deal on one with a free guage, but i wont buy it if it's no use to me.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly i don't know much about them, from what i read they can add performace by removing weak or strong bursts. Like i said its a Ls with mild mods, nothing special. But if it will even ad a few Hp for 65 bucks thats worth it to me.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Your profile lists an intake as your only mod. If this is the case, then you don't need a fuel pressure regulator. A fuel pressure regulator is a tuning device and needs to be tuned to the application. It is not something that is just bolted on. If you plan on modding further, it might come in handy.
What is a "burt?"

·
Registered
76 Posts
okay just to tac onto this thread; would a regulator be a good purchase for me? (gsr i/h/e, itr cams, cam gears, VAFC) basically I guess my question is, is there a need for a regulator if I already got a VAFC?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
gurasek on Feb/11/03 said:
okay just to tac onto this thread; would a regulator be a good purchase for me?

"Fuel Pressure Regulater worth it ?" Thread on TI

this was found in the search if you used the term "fuel pressure regulator" or "FPR" in the search terms.

Quote: MichaelDelaney on Sep/08/02
what are you using it for?

Quote: MichaelDelaney on Aug/06/02
If you don't know what it's for, why did you buy it?
I think I was trying to make a point in these quotes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thats odd, I did do a search of "fuel pressure regulator" and all I got was 3 topics one of them being this one..... interesting.
anyways I understand what a regulator does I was just wondering if a VAFC can richen/lean out enough. guess I'll know when I dyno it heh.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the VAFC won't richen very well but it can lean down. If you find that you need to richen you should use the FPR to increase the delivery at the rail up to the maximum (as indicated by the fuel pump flow graph on that linked thread) and then use the VAFC to lean down in specific areas of the rpm range where it's needed afterwards.

If the FPR cannot deliver the fuel you need to up the max. limit we describe in that thread, then it's time for bigger injectors.

If you cannot meet your fuel needs while the injectors are at 85-90% duty cycle and/or when the FP is at the recommended max., then you upgrade the injectors. This rarely happens in people with N/A motors with i/h/c/e and mild cams like ITR cams. The stock fuel table tends to need leaning down in specific areas as identified by the dips in your torque curve and the AF ratio.

Most people find that even with the bigger injectors they like to have enough priming volume to the rail regardless of FP and so, they upgrade the pump as well.

These do not happen until you get your head ported, run wilder cams and higher CR OR go FI.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i guess what kingkash was trying to ask was if it was worth the bucks to buy an FPR and/or SAFC (since his teg is an ls) and tune with only mild mods. (say NA w/ i/h/c/e)

as in, if i were to spend X dollars for parts/install/tune, how many hp can i expect...

is that about right, kingkash?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hey, don't drag me into this. i was just trying to convey what kingkash was saying... i guess my sarcasm didn't really get communicated from my last post...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
kingkash420 on Sep/08/02 said:
Would a fuel preasure regulator be of any use to a 1994 LS with mild mods?

The reason i ask is i can get a very good deal on one with a free guage, but i wont buy it if it's no use to me.
Does it fit with your final engine package? You've been a member here for quite awhile, so I'm sure you know the importance of preplanning your modifications with well thought out engine package.........

This kind of leads into MD's question of, "what are you getting it for?" Because to me, it sounds like you just want to get it because you can buy it at a good price (and are hoping to make some power with it) rather than buying because you need it to round out your engine package.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts