Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working out some bugs on a project with forced induction . The project I am working is really simple, starting at 6 psi boost. I have upgraded the fuel pump , and installed a JRSC RRFPR 12:1 , otherwise stockish D. With a wideband hooked up I keep track of the AF ratio, and it does not go lean at WOT with my driving.

The fuel pressure can be adjusted to 100 psi, that is almost twice the stock 55, will that cause problems? The pump is a walbro 255lp(I think), what pressure are they able to sustain safely?

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
No reason to raise fuel pressure much above 60PSI at this point. Your AFR will tell you when you start to get lean. Raise pressure then.

That said, you really want to get your car tuned.

And please fill out your profile, so we know what year and model of Integra you have.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes , I am tuning it. I do not need to take it to somebody.

I build a lot of engines.

The pressure can be increased to richen the mixture. What are you talking about , 60 ? To go 55 to 60 will not change the ratio on the gauge.

I Found the answer in a search.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Do you know what you are changing by cranking up the fuel pressure? It is not just a dial to tune your car with and higher does not mean better by any means. Do you know the flow rate of your current fuel injectors? What pressure are the injectors rated at? Please do some reading on this topic, you have lots to learn.

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
What are you using to tune with? As in, what aftermarket/piggyback chip and software combo?

For reference, I had a stock FPR with my B18B1 built to 11.5:1 static compression with 6 psi on a GT3076R on top of that. The stock FPR was FINE!

The injectors and the fuel pump, however, needed updating to reliably run the car on Hondata s300. Just tune it on a stock FPR until your wideband tells you otherwise.

As for your fuel pressure questions with the walbro, why not call them up and ask? It's almost always better to get info from the source vs. second hand.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Raising the fuel pressure to 100PSI serves no purpose, unless you have a strange situation or are making 1000hp.

The stock fuel system has the capability to support well north of 250hp. On 6psi, you should be fine with a bigger pump and different injectors at 45-55psi.

If you tune your own stuff and have built plenty of engines, you wouldn't be asking if 100PSI was a good idea. You'd understand the relationship between fuel pressure, injectors, flow rates, and AFR. You don't sound like you do, which is why I gave you the answer I did.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Attitude? Whatever, keep it going.

The pump on this one is a 255 size , no idea if it walbro brand or copy.

The FMu rrfpr I was using was actually a 5:1 ratio. The one from the old JRSC kit.

I went with a Hondata setup and 440cc RC injectors , and suggestd stock pressure.

Works like a charm.

Edit- I used the 255 and 340 lph pumps in the past to achieve a sustained 80+ fuel psi . That is not that much higher than stock systems on this line type. The bosch fuel lines clearly state a max pressure at 255 psi. My question was honest and good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i made 475whp on a stock regulator stock pressure. i have a walbro 255 and some 880cc injectors.

with the good options for engine management you can use stock pressure and get pretty far probably up to the stock lines and walbro 255 capability somewhere in the mid to upper 500whp range.

now some may say you can run a bit more pressure to help promote better atomization but really that wouldnt be that much more pressure.

RC Fuel Injection

here is a good page involving injector size, flow rate, pressures etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts