Team Integra Forums banner

Fuel line help needed.

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  cronos68 
#1 · (Edited)
97 Integra Rs - stock
Hello new to forum and trying to get me kids car going again

Question on fuel line replacement
Son's car that's been sitting for a while. Trying to bring back to life.
Several lines rusted under car - brakes and fuel lines
The fuel feed is rusted through under subframe as it turns upward running up firewall to filter.

Car hasn't run for any length for awhile now since leak but it does run when i bypass lines.

Do not want to drop sub frame to route new metal line through original path. As I still don't know if any other i$$ues I'm going to be dealing with.

Questions
If I have to drop sub frame can it just be loosened enough to to get line through? With out affecting alignment etc?
Is there's another option to running line up to filter? The brake line splits off earlier but runs close to exhaust.

I was going to flare then junction a 5/16th line in. Starting about 8" down from gas tank, run along original path, bend best as can copy old line and end at filter.
But getting through above sub frame looks daunting.

If I get rubber fuel line where are you running (path) to fuel filter. Through car?

Not concerned about how it looks etc as I just want to get it up and running for now. But If its a good system of repair I won't have to look at this again for awhile.

If stainless is the way to go is the replacement line following the original path as well.

I'll keep searching

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#5 ·
I spliced rubber into the part of my new lines that go between the subframe and body. I just fished them through. I did this with the fuel lines and brake lines. Braided stainless is the safe way to go and I don't recommend rubber, but it's been ok for a couple of years now.

#6 ·
Thanks.
can't splice in because the line broke where the plastic connector is above subframe. I can't figure a way to get through that section without getting the plastic connection out of there. Feeling if I get it out I might brake some of the other lines there. But maybe just taking them all out is the way to go.

What was the cost for the flexible lines? Thanks.
Most definitely the better approach. Just want to get hooked up to tank and get running to see what other issues there are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.