Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LS recently broke what I'd assume was one of the original injectors, so I called up my O'Reilly guys to get me a replacement in (PN# FJ581). The one I received from them had a much different nozzle design (see picture) than the original, and what was advertised on the website (see picture). I know parts manufacturers can update parts designs, but when I tried the injector my car began heavily backfiring.

I returned the part to O'Reilly and ordered one from AutoZone (PN# 800-1593N) which now seems to be made from the same manufacturer. I've not installed the one from AutoZone out of fear of them not returning a used injector (My local AZ has a bunch of sticklers working there). Was I ordering two of the wrong parts this whole time or is this on the manufacturer for messing up? Either way, if anyone has ordered and injector for a B18B1 engine recently and it's worked fine, please let me know so I can snag one to get back on the road.
Hood Finger Automotive tire Rim Wood
Automotive tire Line Font Camera accessory Camera lens

·
Registered
45 Posts
from my understanding all b18 variants share the same OEM fuel injectors. they are all 240cc injectors with the difference being the fuel pressure each engine runs. i ordered AUS reman'ed injectors MP-55058 from autozone and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I do not know what that injector in the picture is all about. But that is not right. Most civics & integras use 240cc injectors. Except for a few select civic models. Like the B8 & Y7, they use 190cc.

The important question is if you have obd1 or obd2 injectors. Obd1 has metal clips on plastic connectors & obd2 has plastic clips. Also, you cant just replace one injector on an old car. Unless the 3 other injectors are new as well. They will all flow different & cause your car to run bad & idle poorly.

Instead of buying 1 new injector, get some used ones from a junk yard or ebay/offerup or from someone here. And then get them professionally ultrasonic cleaned & flow tested. It's not that expensive. And your motor will thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The important question is if you have obd1 or obd2 injectors. Obd1 has metal clips on plastic connectors & obd2 has plastic clips. Also, you cant just replace one injector on an old car. Unless the 3 other injectors are new as well. They will all flow different & cause your car to run bad & idle poorly.
This may have been where I've gone wrong. Got an injector from the junkyard, didn't solve the issue 100%. I'll go with getting a new set coming in, hopefully they can come before Tuesday so I can show of my teggy at school on our first day. I still find the plastic nozzle design weird, but none the less thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts