Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '97 GS-R and am always running 93 octane...
but just to be safe i want to throw in some injector cleaner...

What Fuel Injector cleaner is the best for it?

Also... should i put a octne booster in the tank to help clean it out? (i heard that from someone a few months ago)

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i used Redline (from pep boy, so it probably wasn't the REAL redline) and i don't think it did anything. i'll try GUMOUT tomorrow.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i just used a bottle of gum out fuel system cleaner, and man... its really good... my fuel system musta been dirty as hell.. i

have a bottle of gumout fuel injector clenaer that i'll put in within 3 days.. shoudl be pretty good too..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm no expert on the matter, but if the manual recommends the use of such products, i'm not so ready to dismiss them as garbage.

I wouldn't waste my money on miscellaneous overpriced formulas from an infomercial that claims to improve performance.

But for something from a reputable company that only claims to clean the injectors, I would trust.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
STP works fine for me

·
Registered
636 Posts
TheRapture on Aug/02/02 said:
How about Pensoils SHOGUN for Imports????

Quality or not?
I've used this stuff, didnt't do anything that I noticed. Gas mileage didn't improve or worsen, acceleration was the same so if this stuff did do anything I'd like to know what that is.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anybody actually notice a difference after the cleaner? (in power or fuel economy) I am always weary of using those kinds of products.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts