Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i was told by the shop that i would need to get a new fuel filter. Would it be beneficial to me to go ahead and buy an AEM fuel filter, or a different brand aftermarket one if it happened to be better than AEM. Or should i just get an OEM fuel filter. Also i need new spark plugs, which kind should i get, i hear iridiums are only good for FI systems? Thanks guys

·
Registered
271 Posts
As much as I love the look of the AEM fuel filter setup, it does nothing different than your OEM setup. Actually the AEM setup just uses an OEM fuel filter but gives u a decorative filter housing. If u r going show or want to dress up your engine bay, go ahead. If not, u r wasting your money

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ya I mean if your planning on goin to shows and meets and u pop ur hood a lot then sure go for it. Cuz it does look nice and tight. Just all depends on how much u care about how ur engine bay looks

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I can see it now.

"This car is equipped with VTEC, APC racing wheels, and a fuel filter! Wow I'll bet this ride's fast!"

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I think it was decided that silver was the fastest color for car parts. Hi-Rev Tuners is behind the times, red was the fast color 3 years ago but now silver wins the races.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
D'oh! mike, i had it but lost it in my pile of numbers from the different Playboy Playmates!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
SurferX on Sep/18/02 said:
I think it was decided that silver was the fastest color for car parts. Hi-Rev Tuners is behind the times, red was the fast color 3 years ago but now silver wins the races.
Damn Josh, why don't we have an article about this? Now I have to rethink my modding.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha this is funny, look whose off-topic now *cough*moderators*cough*. But seriously guys thanks for the help i didnt realize that the fuel filters did nothing.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
integral on Sep/18/02 said:
haha this is funny, look whose off-topic now *cough*moderators*cough*. But seriously guys thanks for the help i didnt realize that the fuel filters did nothing.
It's not that they do nothing..... They have a purpose, they filter crap out of the fuel so you don't end up with crap in your engine. The aftermarket ones are pointless though. Just another way of making a buck by making something look pretty. It reminds of the Imac...

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Fentoozler45 on Sep/19/02 said:
Quote: SurferX on Sep/18/02

Damn Josh, why don't we have an article about this? Now I have to rethink my modding.
I'm already in fashion...no redecorating for me...you gotta keep up with trends Fent man.

silver is in, red? out baby...passe...old news....

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
integral on Sep/19/02 said:
waddya mean? we are being serious....getting a Playmate's phone number is a very important topic for the mods at TI...don't make fun of it...it's a very serious exchange of info amongst TI mods.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts