Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about how to replace the fuel filter on my 94 GSR. It looks pretty simple, but I don't have a torque wrench. Do you really need to torque it at the proper amount, or could I just tighten it pretty good so it doesn't become loose?

·
Registered
917 Posts
No you do not necessarily need a torque wrench, when you change your oil, and the crush washer on your drain plug bolt, it is essentially the same thingyou want to slighly crush the washers, you dont need to crank them down like Arnold but you need to get them tight enought to begin to crush the crush washers.... make sinse?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I do recommend that you buy a torque wrench because you will eventually need one if you plan on doing alot of diy work on the teg. However, I own one but wouldn't bother using it on the fuel filter. Normally the size of the bolt, the type of line, or the type of washers being used determine how much it can be torqued without damaging it. Like jdminline4 said, you don't want to crank them like ahnold but tight enough where they wont leak or come lose without using a wrench.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Depends cheap auto zone, low end sears type 30-80
matco - snap on 160-200 ish

I have noticed that a lot of the times the cheaper ones if misused or not properly cared for tend to spec off

for light applications of torque such as fuel filter, drain plug, valve cover bolts things to that specification you can usually get away by tightening it firmly but not to tight,

it seems in general people over torque much more than we undertorque (in my expierence anyway)

just tighten them down untill you feel all the metal connect then give them a 1/4 turn at a time untill they feel pretty tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.