Team Integra Forums banner

Fuel filter leak

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Udon4brkfst 
#1 ·
Recently got an integra and oh boy problem after problem. Problem first, backstory later. Fuel filter is leaking from fuel feed line bolt. Is there anywhere I can get a replacement for that bolt or can I try and reform the threads to make sure it fits?

got the car two weeks ago at 165k miles and the car wouldn’t start in a parking lot. Luckily some old polish guy came and helped me replace the distributor rotor and tried to replace the fuel filter, but from the feel of it and the leak, he might’ve over tightened the fuel filter and possibly deformed some of the threads. So basically reasoning for my question up there. I do have a die set, and was gonna check the threads after work but these are just cutting dies, not forming ones (I have used them for reforming threads on nonessential components before but with something that leaks a volatile fluid? No)

#3 ·
It’s not the banjo bolt that’s leaking but the one on the bottom (coming from the fuel tank) I called the dealership and that fuel feed like is discontinued and I don’t want the headache of replacing a line in the first place if it’s just the bolt on top of it that needs to be replaced/fixed. Hence reforming the threads or putting some type of leak proofing tape.

#4 ·
The sealing comes from the washers, nothing else. All the bolt does is tighten the washers against the fuel filter. If you're absolutely convinced that it's not the washers, replace the bolt and the fuel filter in which the bolt screws into. Unless the line itself is leaking from another orfice that's been created (like a hole, or a rub mark), then replacing the line won't fix it.

#7 ·
Well that is the thing, I replaced it and then all this happened. It was a duralast one, and tonight after inspecting the threads on that bolt I was talking about it doesn’t seem marred or anything, but who knows with the naked eye at 9:00 PM. Is there like a suggested brand other than OEM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.