Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is more of a spec question, but i couldn't find in the article, exactly how big is our gas tanks? how many gallons can I get.. i've been getting soem sorry ass gass milage...

in full talk lasttime, it got roughly 230mile give or take 5 miles... that sucks man...

my friends civic with their smaller engine can go for freaking 300+ miles on a full tank..

even my dads accord with that V6 can go for 250+- miles..
what gives??

Frank

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
how much gas did you have left though? you could have had a couple of gallons left, cause when my light comes on i still got a good 80 to 90 miles left.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah? well, my car itsn't that old to need a tune up, it's only a lil shy of 25,000 miles old... I've added a cold air intake to get better fuel milage too, but this sucks,, but then again, u guys have 5-speed and i got a auto... and it also depends on where u drive.. me a mix of city/highway so... i donno, I think its time to clean the injectors with my next oil change...

Frank

·
Registered
739 Posts
I usually get 310-350 miles per tank in my 5 speed GS-R, and that is driving pretty hard. I think the most I have ever put in the tank is around 12 gallons.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
umm, what do u think is making me get this bad fuel cap? any ideas? my car is only 25,000 old.. its a 99LS 2door.. auto...

I need help...

Frank

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes 13.2 gallons fuel tank capacity. Of course the gas gauge is horribly inaccurate so don't concern yourself with how many miles you get before you see the needle hitting empty. Calculate your mileage to find out if you really are having problems or not.

Remember that Accord that went 250 miles carries a 17 gallon tank...

·
Registered
890 Posts
I drive mine to the fuel light, and I get around 300 Miles to that on my stock 14's, (that aren't very light might I add.) More to the point i have my timing all teh way up and run 93 octane. (The occaisional shot as well.)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
umm, well, i guess i'm gonna have the dealer take a look at my fuel guage... then see whats what.. and yeah, I usually fill up the tank with about aa lil less than quarter tank to go. and i calculate the excess...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I don't think it's something anyone can fix. Just the nature of how the fuel gauage is operated makes it inaccurate. Fill up your tank and reset your tripmeter. When you fill up again divide how many miles you traveled by how many gallons you filled up and you got your mileage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, just as I thought my fuel gauge couldn't be anymore messed-up, it did. Just filled a full tank awhile ago and drove for 20miles and the gauge shows that I only have 1/2 a tank left.

on a side note, I just got 39mpg. Mostly highway. Is that even possible? I set my trip meter last time I filled a full tank. I filled another full tank with 280miles on the trip meter and pumped 7.076gal of gas.

Looks like I get better gas mileage with my A/C on and with alittle more agressive driving.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
We've had this post open at least a half dozen times. If you do a search, you'll find hundreds of similar replies.

Just so you know, my 2001 GSR (20K miles, Synthetic 5W30 every 3K) gets between 29 and 33mpg on the highway and around 18-26mpg around town.
30MPG X 13 gallons = 390 miles (I've gone 360 miles on a tank before)

When I drive hard (with little highway) I'll go 230 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
39MPG definatley does not sound right. you may want to have you speedometer/odometer checked. A friend of mine has a 97 lude and (from what he says) the canadian KM gear was put in the odeometer. His speedometer is correct but the odometer reads very high. he took it to the dealer and they confirmed it. just a thought.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, I did changed my oil(Mobil 1 5w-30) and added Pennzoil Shogun Fuel System cleaner the same day I lasted pumped gas. I highly doubt thats the reason though. And this is all highway miles, 40mi round trip 5 days a week.

Thanks for the advice, JUICEDGSR95.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I used to get around 230-240 miles a tank, but then all of a sudden one day i got 290's and it stayed like that ever since, i have NO idea why, but thats wut it did, lol

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
u lucky bum,, i'm still stuck with 200-240 mpg...

·
Registered
20 Posts
the fuel gauge on my 95 ls is very inaccurate. when i fill up a full tank and drive till its about half i got 160-170miles..... and i get 100 on my last half. it gets even more inaccurate after 1/8 of a tank and my gas light goes on and off every couple of mins :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts