Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a boosted teg with long gears that runs on pump gas. So if anyone's up for trading their LS VTEC hit me up.

My ITR is alot of fun but it belongs more on autocross than on the highway since it's geared really low. Final drive is in the upper 3's. It's a 97 with a 98-up JDM spec ITR full swap. Not sure were the HP is but stock they are 210 HP at the flywheel. Mine's got some tasteful goodies.

I'll do a straigt trade or plus/minus cash. Must have a clean title and be in good condition. Looking for 98 up only.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot his name but can get that by searching some maintenance records, but he's a mechanic at Flatirons Acura.

If you are interested in all motor than this car has the goodies for all motor.

I want to do boost plus I do alot of high speed highway driving and the low gearing burns alot of premium gas. Right now I get 30.6 mpg mixed but on road trips i get down to 20's because i speed when i can on the open road.

It's just not an ideal boost setup for me. Plus i'm a big fan of the 98+ look.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Wow. I can't believe you get so low on the highway. I drive highway all the time with my ITR and I get 28-32 depending how much hard accelerating I do. I've taking it a few hundred miles to the northwest doing 90 and got the best mileage I had ever gotten. I reach 38 on that trip. It was incredible. I got better gas mileage when I had mine tuned with Hondata, but my dizzy broke and fried the system, so I'm back to the stock ITR ECU.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whoah 38mpg I think 90mph puts me over 5,000 rpms, that's incredible you were that effecient

so you went almost 380 miles on a tank?

i've been blasting back n forth from NM to CO going 85-110 and filling up every 210 miles or so =(

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I reached 400 miles on that tank. I pretty proud of myself. I've got the same setup as you with the 4.785 FD 98+ Spec JDM ITR Tranny and 98+ Spec JDM ITR motor. I don't think I've ever gotten any lower than 27-28 mpg which is still within the sticker mileage.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
airplan727, i'm gonna meet up wit hungieboi this coming wednesday at bandimere. you should come too

i'd like to check out your ride and find out how you get such crazy efficiency.

·
Registered
385 Posts
take a day off that's what I'm going I have classes. being tuned makes a whole word of difference in gas milage. I'm boosted and I make around 36mpg mostly city driving. And JDM why do you get a ls or gsr transmission of you want to higher gear. If you do so I'll be glad to buy you're transmission from you.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hungieboi,

Well the LS has low compression and longer gears, plus i'm a big fan of the 98+ bumpers.

Now I already put enough $$ into my teg as it is and you could say i'd spend more to do a conversion with the signal/headlights, paint and brackets ($650+), then I could change the tranny (more $$$) and what I would have left is still a expensive high compression motor with little room for error when boosting. ITR motors are 2x the cost of an LS.

With a 98+ LS i wouldn't have to mess with much but the turbo and fuel management.

Of course this is all my opinion based on my research on several forums about cost/reliablility and risk of boosting ITR's.

By the way how is your tranny? Mine's good, no grinds. Maybe we can work out a trade?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jdm yeah I know what you mean I'm look for a ls block right now I'm going to do ls vtec so I can run more boost safely. I have no grinds you may test it if you want. I think you'll get better result on trading your car at highaltitudeimports.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.