Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hey man you were supposed to ship me my stuff weeks ago and your not responding to any forms of my communication. I have been very patient with you and now your ignoring me.

All I want is the heatshield I already paid for that you forgot and ended up finding in your trunk later. I don't think its unreasonable of me to not want to pay anymore shipping for your mistake. I feel like I've been screwed with and I'm not happy!

·
Registered
870 Posts
He finally contacted me after posting this and in his buy sell rating. He thinks I should pay for half of the shipping. Does anyone else think its fair for me to pay for shipping? I personally don't care about the money I feel offended that I was ignored and he didn't keep his word on our transaction.

arexniba on Oct/03/07 said:
Go to him personally
What do you mean? The whole reason I posted this is because he wouldn't respond to my personal messages.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Locrien on Oct/03/07 said:
He finally contacted me after posting this and in his buy sell rating. He thinks I should pay for half of the shipping. Does anyone else think its fair for me to pay for shipping? I personally don't care about the money I feel offended that I was ignored and he didn't keep his word on our transaction.

Quote: arexniba on Oct/03/07Go to him personally

What do you mean? The whole reason I posted this is because he wouldn't respond to my personal messages.
what he means is.. go to where he lives and either A. nicely ask for your heatshield, or B. nicely make him give it to you. i'm not promoting violence over a heatshield.. im just interpreting what he said, and i think he was sorta joking too

·
Registered
478 Posts
Locrien on Oct/03/07 said:

I totally agree with you. You shouldn't have to pay him. I have made the same mistake of sending something and later finding out, I forgot about a piece or something along the line.

What I usually do is let the buyer know and offer a refund for the part I left out if the buyer can't wait for it. Or I just suck it up and pay to get it shipped because after all it's the sellers fault for not packing everything in the first place and not the buyer.

·
Banned
2,878 Posts
gssrr on Oct/03/07 said:
Quote: Locrien on Oct/03/07He finally contacted me after posting this and in his buy sell rating. He thinks I should pay for half of the shipping. Does anyone else think its fair for me to pay for shipping? I personally don't care about the money I feel offended that I was ignored and he didn't keep his word on our transaction.
Quote: arexniba on Oct/03/07Go to him personally

what he means is.. go to where he lives and either A. nicely ask for your heatshield, or B. nicely make him give it to you. i'm not promoting violence over a heatshield.. im just interpreting what he said, and i think he was sorta joking too
Thank you, means i don't have to explain what so ever.

But ya, you shouldn't pay for ****. If that was your agreement either verbally or written, he should abide by it at all means. If you did your part, than there's no reason for you to be taken advantage of.
If $ isn't a problem to you, then i believe that's why your transcendent to his replies. He knows that if $ isn't a problem to you, then he can continue to ignore you.

If i were you, and you live close to this guy, go to him personally. If he's not, then i'd argue and tell him to pay for it. Again, if $ isn't an issue, jus pay your 1/2, make sure you have an email to prove it, and be done with it.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I Live about 2 hours away from him so it would be cheaper in gas just to buy a new one otherwise I would have just went back and picked it up ages ago. We met up in a spot inbetween when he was supposed to have it and he couldn't find the shield when he got there. I thought I was cool about it and said that its ok and I would be fine if he just wanted to ship it out soon.

Turns out it was in his trunk the whole time and he called me about 15 or so minute later. I couldn't hear the cell phone with the windows down on the highway so It took me about another 15 minutes to realize my phone rang. I called him and I said how I was kinda far out and it would add about another hour at least to my drive if I went back to meet him again. So he still agreed to ship it.

week goes by no word. I message him asking the status and he says he has been busy and he would ship it out the next week due to lack of funds or I could pay him to ship it now. I waited. Another week goes by and I message him again. This time he ignores me for A whole other week until I post this up in the public forum for everyone to see. He finally responds and want me to pay for shipping otherwise he says he doesn't wanna do it.

Thus here we are. I expained my point of view to him again and he has neglected to respond...suprise...

Sorry for the novel. What is this bullshit, "days of our lives" drama bullshit

I JUST WANT MY HEATSHIELD ITS NOT TO MUCH TO ASK!

·
Banned
2,878 Posts
For one, now that you tell your story, you're half at fault. The guy had called you, literally, minutes after to inform you that he had found the heatshield. Even though you didn't hear your phone, that's not really his problem...Sorry to sound like a dick, but the guy did call you, and because you didn't hear it, that shouldn't be his problem.
Secondly, half hour later that you realized the call, you should've taken the effort to say "**** it...i'll just flip a ***** and get it."
You're complaining that you want it, and money isn't a issue.
Yet, you're complaining about 1/2hr. worth of a drive and gas to have met him, then complaining that you don't want to pay 1/2 for the shipment of it.
If you want it so bad, i would've picked that shet up myself asap.
The guy did keep his part by bringing it to you. If i were him, i would've just told you straight up," Hey i have it, i'll drive back to the spot, i don't want to be responsible for shipping it because i don't have the time. So i'll wait for you to come back and pick it up."
End of story.

But now that you're constantly pissed off that he hasn't kept communication is beyond any reasonable doubt. He kept his deal and met you 1/2 way, so right there he spent just as much $ on gas as you did. And lastly, all i can end my convo. with is, either get over it and buy yourself a brand new/used one from a shop, or go and pick it up yourself. Otherwise, you're just being redundant with your feeling towards the guy.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I kinda don't see how his sloppy organization is my fault. If I knew he was going to be such a dick about shipping it I WOULD have gone and got it. But I figured TI members could have trusted each others word. How is it my fault that I didn't hear my phone? How was I supposed to figure that he had it in his trunk and that he would be calling me half an hour later when I'm sitting in ****ed up traffic 40 miles away from our orginal spot?

And actually he didn't really meet me half way. It was more like I drove an hour 45 and he drove 25 minutes or half an hour so no he didn't spend as much in gas. If someone AGREES to ship something and says they will I would expect them to keep their word. But lieing and putting **** off and ignoring someone who is trying to work out a problem with you is totally unexceptable. It was right at traffic time and It would have probably added hours to my trip due to his neglect. It would be a simple 10 bucks for him to ship the damn thing and about 75 for me to buy a new one. Maybe ill just take him to small claims.

I think its a great idea to just let people who **** with you go. They won't ever do it again to anyone else obviously. Do you just let people **** with you until they get thier way?

·
Banned
2,878 Posts
all i gotta say is, no one in this world will really giv e a **** about you except your family or loved ones.
And just letting you know ahead of time, for taking the guy to small claims for the heatshield won't really be worth it...just do wat u gotta do to get it, that's all i can say.

Gl

·
Registered
870 Posts
arexniba on Oct/04/07 said:
all i gotta say is, no one in this world will really giv e a **** about you except your family or loved ones.
And just letting you know ahead of time, for taking the guy to small claims for the heatshield won't really be worth it...just do wat u gotta do to get it, that's all i can say.

Gl

You mean we don't all live in a world filled with candy canes and chocolate houses?...lol...

Have you ever filed a small claim against someone or are you just assuming its not worth it? I know the process and its extremely easy.

·
Banned
2,878 Posts
^^^
See, when i talk and give people advices, i do it from personal experience.
I got f*d over my previous integra, guy advertised it was in damm good condition, long story short...when i got it, it was the complete opposite.
Tried to take him to small claims, sent the subpeona to him, had a cop do it and nothing.
All the guy has to do is basically not take that subpeona. once he does, and there's a witness there, he's responsible to show up to court.
AND you're not allowed to give it to him, someone else, ie a family friend or a close friend of yours, a cop, etc. can do it ,and you can be present, but you cannot personally give it to him with harrassment nor violence, etc.

The process is easy, however, all i see you doing in the end is turning a small thing into something big.
And trust me, i got ****ed over $9k, and y ou're talking about a 60-70 heat shield. But in the end, it's all up to you.
That's why i said earlier, "if i were you, i'd jus call up the guy, meet him again, and just pick it up."
All up to you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.