Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i made some blue haloes in black housing headlights and i am just wondering if any of you out there would like to buy them. i got them in all four headlights and they all work. and i am asking for about 150.00 pluse your set of headlights.

let me know if you are interested

·
Registered
191 Posts
150.00 plus your set of headlights...

so its 150 n the housing, so what are we buying, just the halos n to get ur housings done black?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i will sell you the whole headlight fixture. ready to put into your car and you will send me your whole headlight fixture.

And i had them connected to a switch to let you know and they are pretty darn bright.

you can still see the ring with the low beams on also it is just not as bright obviosly.

·
Registered
437 Posts
they are for 94-97 right, and do u know if they legal in washington state?? why wouldnt they be??

ur making quiet a profit there too man, spend about 20 bux on material and sell for 150. Not bad not bad, hopefull u did a quality jon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why didn't you make them in white instead of blue? In most states red and blue are illegal because they resemble police lights. Sounds kinda crazy but its true. I made some of those too for my teg, except i used white LEDs. It looks just as stunning and its actually legal!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i made in blue because i am painting my car blue. but now i decided to get rid of them. they were never even used on the car whil driving. it is sitting at a shop now and has been for a couple of months.

parts and labor costs about $35 dollars for superbright leds 5000-12000 mcd(dependign on color) and acrylic rods costs about $10 and then the labor for me to do it is $65 dollars.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Red and blue are both illegal colors to have on your car. Other than your brake lights, all lights have to be white. That's the law. How many cops are going to pull you over for it...? Who knows. If a cop wants to get picky then you'll get a ticket for sure. Don't use the "well, BMWs have them" as an excuse. BMWs also have HIDs that come with them, but those are illegal to put in your car aftermarket too.

Every car has to be approved by the state for sale in that state. If they choose to allow cars with HIDs, clear tail lights, and angel eyes in the state for sale then its legal. That is how IS300s and all the other cars with clear tail lights can be sold. They are individually approved by the state for sale in that state. If California decided to do an Altezza crack down and ban them all then it would apply to cars that come with them stock. You would have to go out of state to buy one if you wanted one. That's the way the law is.

Red and Blue aren't allowed on cars because those colors are reserved for emergency vehicles only. I can find the law if you want. Its pretty much the same in every state in the country.

Examples of state laws:

Arizona:

...any reflectors or lights mounted on the front or front side of a car be "amber" which is a yellowish-orange color. And any reflectors or lights on the back or side back must be red, except for signal lights which must be red, yellow or amber. The light illuminating the license plate must be white.

California:

See this site.

You can expect to see the same thing in every state. The big deal is red lights so I'm sure you won't get too hassled for blue angel eyes. As long as you aren't flashing them at people then you should be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.