Team Integra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
There's a couple of schools of thought in body work. Some people are purists and think that 99.9% of the repair should be metalwork. I think you did a pretty good job. Obviously not as good as welding in and working the metal but I think this will last for a long time as long as you got rid of every once of rust.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
There's a couple of schools of thought in body work. Some people are purists and think that 99.9% of the repair should be metalwork. I think you did a pretty good job. Obviously not as good as welding in and working the metal but I think this will last for a long time as long as you got rid of every once of rust.
Yes there are. There's always several ways of doing things. I'm not only broke, but I can't weld. So this was the best option for me. All in all, it cost me about $100. And $90 of that was for paint and clear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Little update:
Music school is really kicking my butt. Unfortunately, I'm also broke. (The adjectives 'Berklee student' and 'broke' go hand in hand). Anyways, I've literally had zero time to work on the car and I need some cash. I won't be selling the car, but I will be selling my suspension. It's a gc/tokicko illumina set up. I haven't even put it on the car yet ): It'll be in the classifieds.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah man, that school is expensive. However, you are getting tons of resources up there for sure. Personally, I would rather try to sit here and transcribe Hendrix albums than go to school.

Too damn expensive.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Yeah man, that school is expensive. However, you are getting tons of resources up there for sure. Personally, I would rather try to sit here and transcribe Hendrix albums than go to school.

Too damn expensive.
Lol yes man. It's some tough work up here. It's intense. However making some great connections and having a blast. Hope all is well in Michigan!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Little update:
Music school is really kicking my butt. Unfortunately, I'm also broke. (The adjectives 'Berklee student' and 'broke' go hand in hand). Anyways, I've literally had zero time to work on the car and I need some cash. I won't be selling the car, but I will be selling my suspension. It's a gc/tokicko illumina set up. I haven't even put it on the car yet ): It'll be in the classifieds.
sorry i been sorta away from online. inbox me your cell # if you in boston still

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Yeah, everything is decent my way.
Heck yeah man! Sweet set up:biggrin:

I'll have to post a pic of my stuff. Although I just sold my Mesa Boogie ):

P.S SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE RESPONSE! IT'S PITIFUL!
Teg is back at home in NJ and I just used public transportation up here in the city, so I haven't thought twice about my car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Hey! It's been a while since I've last been on this forum. I got my car a little over 2 years ago- my first car. 94 LS in BG33P WITH 128Kish miles. Bone stock, 5 speed. (Blue green) Rust in the rear quarters..nothing new. I removed the rust, did a few things here and there to get the car as clean as possible.

She's back on the road now, after a few years. I've been in college in Boston- made no sense to keep paying insurance when I wasn't driving it. I'm still at school but now in need of my car again!

So here she is, still stock, just about 140 on the dash. You can check out what's been done to the car in the prev pages. Drove from NYC to Boston a few days ago and it felt great! Excited to start working on the car again and driving in general. Nothing crazy planned yet- I'm taking the car on a few long roadtrips so I'm focusing on reliability and comfort for now.

My family friends 69 429 Super Cobra Jet is in the garage :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Drove to NJ to get the car inspected. When I got there, it turned out that as of this year, cars pre 1995 don't need to get inspected in the state of NJ. Crazy! And seems illogical- can't really think of a reason of how that makes sense.

Cleaned the car, and after a little inspection found my air filter wasn't on all the way. I had heard whistling when I was accelerating. It's gone now. Not sure how long it had been loose for. Also..I lost my tach and cruise control ): I'll tackle those soon, not the end of the world.
Otherwise the car is still running great!!

I need new lug nuts #rust

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
When I first got the car the antenna was making crazy noises and the speakers were blown. So I removed it all. I went without radio/speakers for a long time...until now. I had an extra set of computer speakers that sound really great paired with a sub lying around...and I thought why not stick the m in the teg :)

I bought a power inverter and stuck it in the center behind the dash. Ran a few wires under carpets to hide as much as possible. Sounds GREAT and does the job. I wish it was a tad bit louder for when I have the windows down on the highway, but other then that its great!!
ps I tried to fit the sub under the back seats but it was too big ): On the floor it'll have to stay

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
My car decided to eat my pas side fender liner yesterday on the freeway.
So now my cai is exposed. Fender liner i think is still useable.

Been thinking about a SRI anyways..would like more lower end tq. Anyone switch from a CAI to a SRI? Is it worth it??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Pretty bad update. No pics, but my car swallowed a bunch of water. CEL is now on. I hear no ticking or anything and it seems to be running fine except a few tiny tiny hiccups during idle. Hoping its just spark plugs. Sawed my CAI in half until I can get a real SRI.
Gas tank is rusted and is leaking. Bringing it to a shop Wed.
):

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good job so far on your build I must say I completely remember driving around for a month with my car when I started doing body work and having all the primer spots and patches. Once it gets finished you must have felt good about it but keep up the good work glad to see your still going.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts