Team Integra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty interesting thread. I have the exact car but with waaaaay more miles, im at about 208k right now, but almost the exact same rust situation so i'm definitely taking lots of notes from this. Thanks for the walkthrough, good luck with your internship!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Pretty interesting thread. I have the exact car but with waaaaay more miles, im at about 208k right now, but almost the exact same rust situation so i'm definitely taking lots of notes from this. Thanks for the walkthrough, good luck with your internship!
Hey thanks! Glad you're able to get something from this; best of luck to you when you tackle your rust. It's been a longggggg process over here!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I'm back! 3500 miles later, Teggy is still running strong. Zero problems...except for the time my air filter fell off my cai. That was weird.
Crazy hot down there in FL, glad to be home. Super flat down there as well. I really appreciated driving through the VA mountains on the way back up as opposed to taking I95 the entire way back.

Anyways, I will be resuming my 1)Rust (just need to wet sand and paint) and 2) install Illuminas and GC Coils! Then I'll be headed up for Boston (college) - not sure if I'm taking the car with me yet or leaving it home.

Heres how she sat all summer. It screams 'pull me over'.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Back home and working on the car! Today I re installed my rear seats and started to wet sand. Getting it super smooth. Tomorrow I'll be wet sanding some more, working on my valve cover and I'll start cleaning my bay!

How my car sits right now. Can't wait to paint it!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Hey ya'll. Quick update.
Had a shop fix a frozen caliper. Car feels much better now.
Still need to get around to painting.

I've been moving my stuff up to Boston..back and forth. Which made me realize I've put about 5k miles on her this summer alone. Roadtrips!

NJ-Ft. Lauderdale, FL (3200mi)
NJ-Northern MA, (400mi)
NJ-NH (500mi)
NJ-VT(500mi)
NJ-Boston,MA (300mi) (x2)

ZERO problems. Excellent gas mileage. Comfortable ride.
Love my Teg :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let me know next time you head to boston, would love to check out your Integra.

I'm also doing a slow low budget build, all of a sudden I don't feel alone.:p

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Big update!
Painted the car today! Super happy with the results. Still need to do some compounding and buffing which will help eliminate some of the crease that is pretty inevitable because of uncontrollable variables, such as paint age/fade/ etc.
Anyways, here it is!!

Other sides looks just as good! (no pics)
Had my minions (Sisters) help me wash the car :popcorn:

Also painted my phone case :wink:

In other news, my friend Marcos finished his widebody S2K!!

Andddd back to my car..a little before and after..

Yay :)

Now onto suspension..

overall, this job was pretty freakin extensive and long. rust sucks, i can tell you that. but now i finally have a RUST FREE CAR IN THE NORTH. lol, it's miraculous.
If this documentation helps just one person I'm a happy man! Good look all you rust warriors :wink:

61 - 80 of 146 Posts