Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install my Neuspeed front upper strut tie-bar today, but ended up unsuccessful. I managed to get both the stock 17mm passenger's side control arm nuts off of the car with no trouble, but the driver's side nuts would not budge. I called Neuspeed and they basically said to use brute force and leverage, just make sure I don't round off the nuts or I'll be really screwed. I ended up using so much force that I stripped out the insides of my socket wrench or something, because now it does not hold. That's when I gave up, at 9 PM and came in to get some dinner.

How should I get these nuts off? I tried a WD-40-like compound marketed to unstick stuck bolts to no avail too! And why are the driver's side nuts so stuck while the pax side came out easy? The car is a 1995 LS sedan with 138k miles.
Thx,
Ben

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
if you've gotta autozone or something close by, those guys are usually nice enough to bring out their electric impact wrench to knock stuff off. they use the wrench to take off alternator pullies for free, they should do this for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SleeperTeg on Aug/21/02 said:
huh??? An upper strut tower bar and your taking your CA's off?

or do you mean a lower tie-bar?
The Neuspeed upper front tie bar is bolted on by the upper control arm bolts.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just going to take it all to a shop and have them do it; to install my Pro-Kit, Koni Yellows, front and rear strut tower bars, rear lower tie bar, header, cat, and exhaust, the shop wants $200. Sounds good to me, eh? The other guys quoted me $650!

Ben

·
Registered
322 Posts
mrmbuna on Aug/21/02 said:
I'm just going to take it all to a shop and have them do it; to install my Pro-Kit, Koni Yellows, front and rear strut tower bars, rear lower tie bar, header, cat, and exhaust, the shop wants $200. Sounds good to me, eh? The other guys quoted me $650!

Ben
What? $200? With that you can get some Altezzas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts