Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, well it has been mild lately, but tonight it has become cold again, so now my door locks are frozen. usally i just use lock de-icer but i just went to put some in and i dont have any. my question is had anyone used anything that works well other than lock de-icer to un-freeze them and keep them that way? its too late to go out and find some but i really want to be able to lock my car tonight and still be able to get back in it in the morning

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
My locks have only froze on me once... keyless entry didn't work, nor did using the key, so I crawled in through the hatch and got some pretty strange looks. Come to think of it, I probably just could have used the passenger side door...

·
Registered
765 Posts
This has happened to me many times this winter. I tooke some spray deicer and applied it to the key, and then just worked it in to the lock until it was all the way in. After that, some of the deicer is left in the lock it keeps it from freezing in the future.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys thanks, i acutally did end up using wd40 last night before i went to bed and it worked this morning, picked up some lock de-icer now so i should be good for a while again, it usually happens to me 3 or 4 times each winter.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Part i)
a)stick a wet small sized towel in a bowl and
b) then the microwave.... heat...

Part ii)
1. use heat resist gloves ie oven mits...
2. remove and run without slipping on arse to car
3. apply to affected area
4. mins later try again

%. drive like a happy camper... LoL

Never tried it myself but worth a try surely?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i take some presurized grease in a can. it sprays through a small straw like wd40. i just spray some in the key hole, and around the rim of it, work the key a little while and it hasn't frooze since (wipe your key the first few times before putting back in your pocket). i use the same grease for the power antenna.
i got it at Canadian Tire (Canadian winter = feakin' cold), i'm sure you can find it at any automotive place in the states.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i sell these lock de-icer things at radioshack they are on your keychain and you pull out this key like thing and it heats up instantly. Plug'r in for a sec and ur set.. Ya i took one "for store use" when my locks were frozen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.