Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was on a lift today for an oil change, i tried turning the front wheels and notice its is hard to turn them, wont spin at all. When trying to spin I dont hear any noise. Also on slight elavations where my friends cars would easily move, mine dont.

Possibilities?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
seized caliper possibly?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does pull to one side, my right rear brakes had seized, but fixed. The reason i knew they seized is because the pads were done, while the other size was good.

Both my fronts brakes are still good though.
How would i test if its the seized brakes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it pulls to one side than most likely its that side that is sticking or seized. I would recommend taking apart and cleaning the brakes inspect the pads and rotors and replace the caliper if necessary.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
mxl360 on Feb/15/06 said:
Quote: RedLIghT97 on Feb/15/06Low on power steering fluid?? Maybe try flushing your old fluid

really?

lmao..

anyway...

check the caliper slide pins then check the piston in the caliper....

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
did you have any noise from the front end like a wheel bearing??

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i hear it (bearings noise when coming to a stop, espcially when i had on thinner tires), but i also heard it on my civics. And they seem to roll freely.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm with Brian; check the caliper's mounting and maybe the pistons while you're at it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just rebuild the calipers (around $15) and put some new pads and rotors on. If that doesnt fix it, you have odd and unusual problems. If it was the wheel bearing you would be feeling a vibration and or noise when driving.

·
Registered
675 Posts
mxl360 on Feb/15/06 said:
i think this is why i get such poor gas mileage... i got 150 miles on 7 gallons = 21 mpg
Thats bad? I get around 22 going to school about 2-3 miles away and I thought that was good.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Sounds like seized calipers to me, happened to my rear caliper last year it was hard to turn.. I bought a caliper rebuilt kit and its good as new again.

Is the surface of your rotor scoured in anyway? one side more worn than the other? take a look at the surface of the rotor and look for irregularities sometimes you can tell if its badly seized

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
First off, is this an auto or a stick? Was it in gear?

Please answer these questions first before condeming the brakes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.