Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if a type r sway bar will work on my 94 LS.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
^^ that's not anywhere close to the answer to his question.
ppl go from 19mm sway bars to 22 all the time.. that's only 3mm. although its rear sway bar but still,
pythonscott on Aug/27/03 said:
About the understeer issue: yes, the car will understeer a little more around town during normal driving. The advantage a stiffer a larger front sway bar can present, even for our cars, is this: It can correct excessive camber changes of the front suspension in a turn by effectively being adding more spring rate to the front spring. In other words: when you really get to pushing the car in a corner, its possible for the front suspension to experience too much of a camber change and a stiffer front spring rate or stiffer sway bar by just a mm or 2 can be effective to correct the problem with out causing the car to understeer like a dog. I've experienced this with my set up: ST front sway bar and Comptech rear sway & tiebar. Aroud town the car might understeer a little more than with the stock bar.But if you know the how's and whys of braking and throttle for entering a corner, rotating the car, and exiting, you'll see once you get to the track or some back roads and really start to push the car you'll see that the car no longer understeers so much as actally being more neutral close to and at the limit. For those that get a Type R sway bar or any other rear sway bar and are worried about encountering drop throttle oversteer the thing you might want to consider is larger front sway bar. Most front sway bars for our cars are only a mm or 2 larger than stock while the increse in the rear sway bars are much greater normally 20 mm or larger. I'll try to find the link where I learned about the camber change mumbo jumbo... it was on an AutoX site somewhere.
(I should really take a "breath")

Whoa! thats odd! BlueTeg, that enlink looks much different that mine! There is only one set of bushings where it connects to the subframe, then it makes a 90 degree angle and connects to the swaybar solidly. Wierd... I'll see if I can get a pic sometime of mine soon. For anybody is thinkin "well, it's b/c your car is a GSR..." it actually started life as a GS.

isn't the gsr front sway bar the same size as the itr front sway?? i'm not sure about fitment but i don't see a difference b/w the ls and gsr chassis

read this

and here too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.