Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
its possible, but you'd be surprised how much a crease like affects everything lining up or not when trying to get the front end back together. I had a similar crease/dent in my core support that i tried to repair and tried my best to make work, but nothing would line up right. i ended up pulling just the top portion of the font core support from a wrecked car and welded in the new pieces. Its marked somewhere in my build thread if you wanted to take a look.

·
Registered
1999 Acura Integra GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its possible, but you'd be surprised how much a crease like affects everything lining up or not when trying to get the front end back together. I had a similar crease/dent in my core support that i tried to repair and tried my best to make work, but nothing would line up right. i ended up pulling just the top portion of the font core support from a wrecked car and welded in the new pieces. Its marked somewhere in my build thread if you wanted to take a look.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that it would mess everything up, my good hits the finder everytime I open it and it has a huge gap of one side and none on the other. I'll look in to your thread. BTW I saw your story on your car, i like what you've done

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I thought that it would mess everything up, my good hits the finder everytime I open it and it has a huge gap of one side and none on the other. I'll look in to your thread. BTW I saw your story on your car, i like what you've done
Thanks! I had the same fitment issues. No matter what i did, i had very irregular gaps at the hood and front bumper, and no amount of adjusting ever fixed it. It basically just shifted the problem around. Mine was so bad, i couldnt use all of the bolt holes to mount the front bumper cover. When i replaced mine, i didn't want to fix what wasn't broken, i only fixed what i had to and cut out only what i needed. My repair was done sort of like the t-bar jdm front installation method, just with a USDM front. I was mainly worried about affecting the integrity of the front core support by drilling out all 60+ spot welds or whatever the amount was, and then be sure it was just as strong as it was before the repair.

·
Registered
1999 Acura Integra GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on drilling the welds out, then bolting the nenew support back in. I dont really care about strength

·
Administrator
3,744 Posts
I plan on drilling the welds out, then bolting the nenew support back in. I dont really care about strength
You should.

Not only does the support keep the entire front end in one place, but it's a main structural component that keeps the frame rails straight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts