Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am about to start building some front strut bars for G2 cars both with and without ABS. My major question is in regards to the best place to mount the bar.

The Neuspeed bar for a Gen3 mounts to the upper a-arm mounts like this:

And the Neuspeed Gen2 bar mounts to the shock like this:

Kind of hard to see.
Is there any advantage to either way of mounting?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
The upper control arms receive most of the lateral load on double wishbone cars. That is the best place to brace.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StyleTEG on Mar/11/04 said:
The upper control arms receive most of the lateral load on double wishbone cars. That is the best place to brace.
That is what I was thinking myself and that is why I brought this up. When I purchased my Neuspeed upper strut bar, I thought it would mount to the upper control arms. I guess it is time to start fabrication.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Those bars are right on top of the upper control arms. Your not going to impove this design unless you go to a 3 point. And you can purchase those for a good price.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jojo on Mar/11/04 said:
Those bars are right on top of the upper control arms. Your not going to impove this design unless you go to a 3 point. And you can purchase those for a good price.
You are right I will not improve on that design. The ones that mount to the upper control arms are for a G3. I want to build them for a G2 ABS and NoN ABS cars. G2 ABS cars can't get very good strut bars from what I have seen on the market.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I wouldn't know. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed a Neuspeed two-point front upper brace bar that they are trying to unload at clearance prices. This simpler arrangement avoids clearance problems with power steering hose, if that's an issue for you. It is on my '99 LS w. auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts