Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was helping my friend adjust his coilovers today in his 01 civic. he bought used ground control coilover sleeves with stock shocks from this guy. so he got em installed professionally.

i was helping him adjust em today and i noticed this really gooping white stuff all over the coilover sleeve. my friend said the dude he bought em off of said that it was grease that he used to lube em up. it was a really white and vasoline like material. it was only on the front shocks and the rear sleeves were bone dry. so i dont understand why the dude would lube only the front...if it was even lube

when we went for a drive after dropping the car...the front end was REALLY bouncy...and i mean REALLY. there was some major recoil in the front. keep in mind we slammed it right to the bottom of the sleeve. now i used to have stock shocks w/ skunk2 coilover sleeves on my teg and it was bouncy but not this bad.

i'm thinking the front shocks are blown and the sh*t inside the shock has leaked all over the place. this would account for the vasoline-like substance and the insane amount of bounciness in the front.

had anyone experienced blown shocks before and know what they look and feel like? any comments would be much appreciated as my friend is quite pissed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
that's horrible man. something's definitely wrong...go get it checked out. no silly! not the same guy...he'll prolly just make things worse

·
Registered
698 Posts
Blown shocks means there is no damping effect on the spring travel at all which equals a bouncy ride. Sounds like your friend bought Ground Controls and some blown shocks. I'd give that guy who sold them a call quick.

·
Registered
611 Posts
your friend should not have bought stock shocks in the first place, and although this doesn't relate to integras, my cousin and I had to cut open his stock front struts to put Koni yellow inserts in them, and we cut and drained the fluid out of the stock shock, and let me tell you, it was definitely not vaseline like in texture, it was more like brake fluid, way thinner and more runny than vaseline.

^^^^
Thats one loooooooooooooooong sentence

Also, I've never heard of "lubing" a shock, and I've done a couple of shock/spring installs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.