Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
yes it is stupid... i got into a mini accident and he's like wheres your front plate i was like like ummm i left it at home.. i got the neuspeed plate cover.. i had to be a smart ass and saw a chrysler turning and i was like that car doesn't have a front plate either... aand hes like after i'm dun with you i go pull him over... but its stupid like al lthe new cars dun have it like grand prix the lexus's most proches and vettes dun have.. i dun get why they dun get pulled over sigh..its stupid ok later

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
I'm not positive its perfectly legal but this is how I have it, but then again I dont think you could do it with the bar in your grill.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's state law in ohio that you have to have a front plate, but I just keep mine on the passenger side floor so I can throw it up in the winshield if I ever get pulled over. I've been pulled over twice, but just warned both times. But now I put my plate right where yours is stovee.

·
Registered
120 Posts
its illegal to put your font plate on the dash behind the windshield because not only is it not visible(some might think it is, but ever tried looking at something that is white on the dashboard with the sun shining on it? it reflects the sun off and blinds you. not only that but its dangerous and a safety hazard. if you get into a front end collision or rear end someone hard, that front plate is gonna go flying at you or your passenger depending on where you placed it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
plus 95teg_ls if the cop sees you reaching over the the passenger side...he's gonna probably search your car if he doesn't fear your going for a gun and shoot you!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Why dont you look for a place that sells jdm license plates and use that. It's perfectly legal I think plus it gives you the jdm look. I'm thinking about it myself because i hate how the license plate hangs down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
how would the jdm plate be legal?

CVC4850 code states that all license plates issued in Ca. must be reflectorized.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4850.htm

not only that but CVC4851 states that all plates must say "California" on it, so a jdm plate would be illegal.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4851.htm

and finally CVC4852 states that "shall be rectangular in shape, 12 inches in length and six inches in width. The number and letter characters on the plates shall have a minimum height of two and three-quarter inches, a minimum width of one and one-quarter inches, and a minimum spacing between characters of five-sixteenths of an inch." , thus making the size of jdm plates illegal.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4852.htm

again these laws apply to Califorina, other state laws may vary.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well i'm not too sure... You've obviously done the research on that one so I'll go with ya on it. But I do know a few guys in the city who has an MR2 with JDM front license plate and it's not even a reflector kind..it's the brownish kind. But then again that might as well be illegal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
they've probably been lucky and gotten away with it. but i guess it all depends on the cops. i do know that cops will get you for it or for having no front plate if you get pulled over for a traffic violation like speeding or something like that. might as well put on your front plate in the original spot and avoid one less hassle for a ticket.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah isn't it the greatest thing to live in Ca.? hahah (much sarcasm was emphasized there) hahhaha

i've been lucky and haven't had my front plate on for 2 years now, but i'm planning on putting it on so then cops won't have any BS reason for pulling me over, just trying to find a way to mount some brackets for it on my kit since it doesn't fit on the grill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts