Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well..i went to the local car club for the first time in a while...but first time w/ the integra..all my car buddies were realy excited for me..and we wer talkinga bout what i can do w/ it. andlike..outta no where this guy is like..getta front mount air intake, i saw an integra w/ just intake and exhaust run a 14.5 w/ a front mount and a tanabe exhaust! so now im thinking...front mount intake..why not, does anyone know any pros/cons about this! lemme know...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
no other pros compared to a regular cai. The air in front of the car is no different then the air behind the blinker(cai).

as far as cons go
real easy for jackasses to mess with your car and leave you without a filter. And it's made by areospeed. I would never buy a "performance part" from them

dont get one

·
Registered
544 Posts
are you talking about one of those front mounted intakes that look like an intercooler?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most likely...

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
ahem....SurferX, you wanna take this one? hahahaha!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
alot of draw backs. no benefits. first off the air doesnt flow as well because it hits the filter and doesnt go straight back because it is sideways, not straight. another problem is bugs, and lots of them, i sure wouldnt want all of the hitting my filter. how about looking like you have an intercooler when you dont i wouldnt want that. not only would it look fake but you got people that would mess with your car and steal that sh*t too. they also got some lexan window to put in front of it to insure bugs dont get into it. sorta defeats the purpose of the intake with a lexan window in front of it. also if it is raining maybe theres not a high chance of hydrolock because the filter is not covered with water, but i still woudnt want that much h20 hitting my filter directly. and not to be rude but i am really doubting that teg hit a 14.5 with only a intake and exhaust. he probbaly had some more done. i could be wrong about the teg but thats just my guess. check out surerx's intake article about the intake as well. basically says what i say. (i mean i basically said what he said)

·
Registered
544 Posts
think about all the bends in that piping, all the bugs in ur filter, and the name brand cuz im sure its the apc or arospeed

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i know people here hate em saying all sorts of bad things but i know people that swear by them

yea there is a possibility that it could get f**ked up with rocks and sh*t but there is a simple solution to that get yourself a mesh grille it will allow plenty of air in but not the rocks and gravel plus it would prevent theft

as far as saying that there is no difference between a front mounted cooler and one behind the blinker that plain ridiclous tony as you said to me do your research

besides from the fact the filter on a front mount is much bigger allowing it to take in more air its also directly in the front with no restrictions

hey im sure there gonna be 20 guys reply telling you what im saying isnt true but my advice to you is go with what you want if you have buddies that swear by em then go for it

heres a link check em out:

http://store.yahoo.com/speedandstyle/arcolfronin9.html

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
kingkash just think about it, regular intake has a basically straight tube(as little bends as possible), and the arospeed front mount, forget about every other bend it has and just think about the one. it goes down and then does almost a 90 degree angle to go in front. then all of the air that hits it goes straight to the back of the filter. it doesnt flow. at all. not bashing the product because it is arospeed, i am bashing the product because physically it doesnt not make sense. not trying to be rude man, just using common sense about flow and applying it to the intake.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i can understand what your saying about flow but there not 90 degree bends

have you seen a cai the bends are very similiar

i can understand where your coming from but like i said i know people that swer by em

your can be numbered to death with dyno charts but what matters to me is real world performance

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
by the way kingkash, that intake in the pic is not the one he is talking abuot if that is what you were thinking. and to my knowledge that j's racing intake doesnt go down to the front of the car anyway.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well i can understand the real world performance spectrum. not saying i think they work, just saying i definately can see where your coming from.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Also, is it just me or is it TOTALLY FREAKING NUTS to have your filter exposed to the elements? Maybe it's just me... I think that this unit is just for those who want a "cool" intercooler look.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
roundle on Jul/15/02 said:
Just get a comptech icebox and rest assured that you've got one of the best products on the market.
ohh really?
then why dont all the big guys on this page use them?
why i have yet to see a dyno saying that icebox performance is one of best products on the market

Quote: dragontegz on Jul/15/02
where's surferX when we need him?
no offense to surfer at all hes EXTREMLEY KNOWLAGEABLE but even if surfer did say front mount intakes suck does that mean its the absolute truth?

i like to get peoples opions on things here but i dont let that be the only factor in my decision

this guy says he has friends that suggested it and i think he should take there advice things may be differnet you

if it wasnt for the fact i found a great shortram on ebay for 28 bucks i would consider the aerospeed myself i was close to putting one on my civic before i got my teg

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
well if your going n/a and the glass thing is removeable, I mean I would still go with the AEM or icebox but what ever, it still doesn't really seem that bad of a thing.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
hootb18 on Jul/15/02 said:
by the way kingkash, that intake in the pic is not the one he is talking abuot if that is what you were thinking. and to my knowledge that j's racing intake doesnt go down to the front of the car anyway.
yea i posted that pic by accident i copied the wrong link
its gone now

1 - 20 of 65 Posts