Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
cant answer your question directly dont know what the front lower tie bar does but you can change the bushings up front and the engine mounts to urathane i know thats supose to help with wheel hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
A tie bar will do nothing for taking out wheel hop. The most cost effective solution is to swap your rubber engine mounts w/ polyurethane.

SurferX swapped his engine mounts to polyurethane and he said it eliminated about 33% of his wheel hop. He said that you feel the engine vibration a bit more, but not to the point where it was annoying.

There is an article about eliminating wheel hop also. If you haven't checked it out, its a great resource.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
traction bars...like those from Z10, our sponser at the top...eliminate ALL wheel-hop (so they say)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
dont forget to say that the traction bar makes ur car vibrate like a mofo as if your at the track to win money or something probably one of those items that says track use only just my opion.

·
Registered
271 Posts
For wheel hop, all those options will help. I prefer energy suspension parts btw. Coming back to your original comment, as discussed, a front lower tie bar will not help w/ wheel hop but will help w/ cornering and handling. Of course all four suspension bars (upper & lower front; upper & lower rear) would be the best setup, a front lower tie bar is a start. I know that Eibach makes a lower front tie bar for us Tegs, but not sure about the specifics as well as the cost.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Actually I'd say they eliminated more than 33% wheel hop, more like 66%. I was thinking of combining the Prothane kit with the Energy Suspension kit to get rid of that last bit of wheel hop. We have an article about it here in performance you should check out.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=296

The Z10 radius arms will take care of it completely but are expensive and add weight. I figure I'm not pushing enough torque to actually need them so the polyurethane motor mount inserts are doing great for me.

The front lower tie bar is used for a completely different purpose and isn't related to wheel hop. Check our suspension articles I wrote to find out more about all the different bars.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/listArticles.asp?Show=1

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I assume that he majority of the costs for these mounts would be in the actual labour involved in putting them in. Am I wrong? I don't really know how engine mounts work but I figure you need to take out the engine to get them in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts