Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, yes, I know it's illegal to remove your front license plate. Anyone had any problems with this, though? Or know how much the fine is (in CA)? It just looks so awful on an Integra... I mean, even a Porsche 911 Turbo has a place for the license to go that doesn't look rediculous.

Just wondering. And I already searched and found nothing, so you can't say I didn't try.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I went 5 years without a front plate (first on my old celica, then the gsr)...and I just put my front plate on a couple months ago.

The fine is different for each state. In IL, it's usually $25, but it really depends on the cop. Some don't care, others (usually suburbs) will have fun w/you and your lack of front plate car. That's what happened to me, and I had to go to court to get it dismissed...not a hard thing to do, but truly a waste of time.

So, I've decided to keep it on for now. I'm tired of dealing w/the repercussions.

At the moment, I'm looking for one member's front plate mount that I liked a lot. I'll post it up when I find it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I'm buying (hopefully) already has it off. I don't want to bother with it. My current RS has that whole part of the front bumper f**ked up because of the license plate and its frame. Really irritating...

They should have an "enthusiast's waiver" for that stuff. Like, if you're a car nut certain laws (like emissions and stuff) just don't apply.
I mean, c'mon, they're not transportation to us: they're big toys!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I think they are trying to make it an actual moving violation in California to have no front plate if they haven't already. Mainly it's for the stoplight and freeway automated speeding cameras as they take a picture of the front of the car and need the plate to identify you.

Of course I'm not preaching or anything, I have mine off too because it's so damn ugly. Not to mention I don't feel like getting a speeding ticket without someone actually pulling me over. There's just something wrong about that.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not mine. I'm getting a '98 GS-R (it is white, though). Got pics of it online... It's sweet.

My current car is a black '96 RS. Got pics of that, too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SurferX on Sep/12/02 said:
I think they are trying to make it an actual moving violation in California to have no front plate if they haven't already.
And what exactly does that entail...?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Moving violation = points on your license = raised insurance rates

You'd be going to traffic school for not having a front plate

·
Registered
557 Posts
Would it be a moving violation or an improper equipment?, which is what i got, and doesn't add any points, or cost you a fine

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
bwahahaha! thank goodness us PA'ians don't have to worry about front plates...........yet.

but that white g3.1 looks good with the plate like that. at the first NJ meet, a few members with g3.2's had their plates nicely tucked into the grill area.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Gen3Integra on Sep/12/02 said:
Would it be a moving violation or an improper equipment?, which is what i got, and doesn't add any points, or cost you a fine
In California it is (or is going to be) a moving violation. Every state has a different law on the subject.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i reomoved my license plate and placed a neuspeed bolt hole cover on it. im in dallas and we have some real anal cops around here. i havent been messed with yet. more than likely they wont say anything unless your doing other things like hmmmmmmm....speeding, etc. its kind of an add on to other citations. and thats what another cop told me. but, like cheezthis said its just another way to waste your time in court getting a dismissal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yep I woke up one morning to find a ticket for no front plate waiting for me. I heard if you just put it on and go to the precinct they dismiss it. I also so a new celica recently with a kit and the kit didn't have any brackets for a plate so he just put his up on his dash. My friend who has a Legend never has his front plate on and never got a ticket but on the other hand my friend who has a civic is always in court for the same thing but he says they dismiss it. The front plate def.looks ugly if you have a grill.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
In Washington DC you have to have it on. Maryland some cops dont care and some will just get under your skin about having no front tag.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I live in Oregon cops around here are anal... If you have a body kit and no plate they pull you over. If you have a stock bumper with no plate they don't bother you. If you leave it in your window on your dash you get a ticket like 70 dollars or something... and If you just don't have one at all it's like 20 dollars... How messed up is that. Some cop told me that while he was off duty. So i just don't even have it anymore

·
Registered
417 Posts
I took my plate off along time ago (7 years)
Got hassled once, but more like racial profilig 'cause the guy asked me what i was "doing in this neighborhood?"

Other than that fun experience, no problems. I know people keep them on their dash, but I think that looks worse thatn having on the front. I think the plate is in the garage somewhere ..not sure.

Hey,
this may be a lame question...but if california (or whatever state the car is registered) The numbers and letters are visible..can you alter the color of the plate. say You've got a black integra. can you make the numbers grey and the background black? I know, i know..most likely illegal(tampering or something like that) I've found that cops in SF have better things to do than stop people for moving violations or such..People speed through SF all the time. Suburbs..different story. too much time on suburb cops hands. Most people that own benz, ferrari or porsche don't have their front plate anyway!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts