Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have been looking around for a front hub assembly for my 96 and have yet to find anywhere that has them; Well other than the junkyard but that one has a lug post missing. Has anyone changed wheel bearings before was it a pain, or did it go ok? I was trying to stay away from it because I heard some rumors about bearings wanting to come out in two parts in these cars. If you have a front passenger side hub you want to get rid of and are in Colorado or Wyoming let me know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I have been searching around and haven't been able to find anything but the rear if even that. I know a guy who has a machine shop who can press the bearings for me I just wanted to try and do it myself without that lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
lol I did all 4 of my subaru wheel bearings myself with a home hydraulic press once. I will never diy it again because it was a PITA and shops typically do it for Free-$30!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was able to press in the front wheel bearing and hub assembly using a 'wheel bearing adapter kit'. Still running strong after 2 years.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wheel+bearing+adapter&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Separate knuckle from vehicle, hammer out old hub with a 30mm socket, use adapter kit to extract old bearing from steering knuckle housing.

Race of old bearing will be stuck on old hub, so either use an angle grinder or get new hub.

Waaay easier than trailing arm bushings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts