Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got h&r sports and koni reds, im gonna need a camber kit before i install, but dont want to pay 100 bucks.......am i dreaming??? 100 bucks really seems like an awful lot for a camber kit, anybody know of a place to get them cheaper??? Thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MorningZ on Sep/07/02 said:
awful lot?

thats a good price
i know......thats the sad thing. I was looking on ebay and some are going for 160-180!
anyways, i was reading over at honda-acura.net, and found a post stating that he had the h&r sports(same as me) and got an alignment done and was ok without the camber kit. i know every car is different, but assuming that i ended up with the same camber as this guy, would i be ok without a kit also??? here is what he said.....

I went to a VW place today to get an alignment because I know the guy who works there (friend of a friend) and so, I could expect to get an honest opinion from him.

According the the guys at Acura I absolutely needed a camber kit because my car on my new H&R sports springs was just "so low"...lol. well it turns out the acura guys are full of ****.

I measured my camber and I currently have: -1.35 and -1.32 degrees in the front, and -1.01 and -1.29 degrees in the rear. The "optimum setting" for a 2000 integra is -1.1 degrees in the front and anywhere from 0 to -2 in the rear. So my camber is only slightly off in the front and perfect in the rear and a camber kit would be a total waste of money.

So all I had to do was get the toe adjusted and I was on my way.... the handling of the car is much better now because my toe was really f#cked up before the alignment. And I feel good knowing my camber is fine.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Another testimony that H&R sports springs are the way to go! No scraping, aggressive looks and no camber kit needed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you just installed your springs the camber will get worse because the springs will settle.

i dropped my old (2001) civic 2 inches. camber was fine,three months later i was buying new back tires and a camber kit.

just a headsup

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I paid about 190/shiped for a Skunk2 front camber. You can find them on Ebay for alot cheaper....

·
Registered
400 Posts
100 is not a lot...just think about all the tires you're gonna hafta end up buying later because of bad camber...think of that 100 as a GOOD investment for your car

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it worth it to pay the extra dollar for the skunk2 camber kit?? everywhere i call says thats the best one, but what sets it apart from the ingalls kit? i dont do any autocrossing or anything like that, and im only dropping 1.75. i do occasionally go to the drag strip, and sometimes like to have fun on the curvy roads
do i really need the skunk2 kit?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Here's a thought...I'm running Neuspeed Sports, which have the same drop as the H&R's, on paper that is. I'm not using a camber kit and when I had my car on the alignment rack, I was only .3-4 degrees negative from stock specs. I've also driven like this for over 30k miles and still have even tire wear. I'm running 205/50/15's.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheezthis on Sep/16/02 said:
Here's a thought...I'm running Neuspeed Sports, which have the same drop as the H&R's, on paper that is. I'm not using a camber kit and when I had my car on the alignment rack, I was only .3-4 degrees negative from stock specs. I've also driven like this for over 30k miles and still have even tire wear. I'm running 205/50/15's.
i wish i were as gutsy as you, but i think im going to get a front camber kit still. i just want to be assured that the ingalls kit will not affect performance in anyway. like, i dont want the damn thing to break under hard cornering, that would suck. I also have heard that with an aggressive drop, the ingalls kit will dent the wheel wells, my drop is only 1.75 though, so i think ill be ok in that situation. if the skunk2 kit is so much more expensive because it is easier to adjust, then screw that, ill just get the ingalls kit. still need some more feedback though.....Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts