Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, let me tell u all the story. i was coming home from work the other day before the accident happend. when i got to the drive way of where i lived, i started to slow down and try to spot an empty parking space. then all of a sudden, while looking on the right side of the parking lot, then quickly turning my head on the left.....BOOM!! an F150 came out of no where and backed up into my car. the F150 ripped off my front bumper, my side fender, and pushed the left head light in. my question is that, i was wondering how much it would cost, or how much would the insurance give me to get my car? the reason why im asking this, is because it is really expensive to get new parts from honda. instead of spending all the money to get it fix, i want to use the money to get the jdm front convertion. anyone knows how much it would cost to get the usdm front fix, or to get the jdm front conv? what do u guys think i should do?

thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hammock on Feb/03/06 said:
He hit you, let the insurance company make you an offer. None of this should be your responsibility.
yeah, i was wondering how much the ensurance would give me? so instead of getting it fix, im just going to get the jdm front end instead.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well you get quotes from Auto Body Shops so the guy's insurance can see how much they should give you. People usually go to a place that gives a high quote to get the best bang for the buck!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
you should definately try to get things moving as quick as possible

call your insurance agent to let them know what happened and have them give you instructions for filing a claim against the F150's insurance

·
Registered
562 Posts
$1000-$2000 is too low, I got $4600 to repair my car and my the front of my car was really messed up but the guy at the bodyshop helped me out with the estimate cuz that really counts and I got + $3000 for my injuries.
I think ur gonna pay almost the same amount for either the JDM front end or the the USDM. If u get the USDM parts from and acura dealer ur talking about alot of money so I think ur better off with the JDM front.

·
Registered
146 Posts
From what you described, I'd say $3k-4k. Someone backed into my car while it was parked and scraped the bumper, crinkled the hood a bit and bent the radiator support. The body shop gave an estimate of $2.3k for just that...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RHDTEG1 on Feb/03/06 said:
$1000-$2000 is too low, I got $4600 to repair my car and my the front of my car was really messed up but the guy at the bodyshop helped me out with the estimate cuz that really counts and I got + $3000 for my injuries.
I think ur gonna pay almost the same amount for either the JDM front end or the the USDM. If u get the USDM parts from and acura dealer ur talking about alot of money so I think ur better off with the JDM front.
hey wuss up man!! long time no talk.. hows the teg goin man? got ur turbo yet?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AllShowNoGoGs on Feb/03/06 said:
If you get the JDM front, dont you have to check if the insurance will cover you with the new front end?
well thats the thing, i need to talk to a body shop and see what they can do for me. im not going to tell the insurance that im getting a front conv. soo, the money that i get for the usdm parts is what ill be using to get a jdm front. ill get the jdm front myself for around 2000. then ill just use the rest of the money for the body shop to install it for me.

-hopefully u guys kno what im talkin bout.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My RSX was rear ended and I received a little under $5000 for repairs. Just the bumper and hatch, plus paint and labor. It cost more than the $5000 but the rest was directly billed to the insurance company since it was done at the dealership. Talk to the place that you have fix it and sometimes if you get the parts, they will just charge labor. So yeah, 1000-2000 is extremely low.

·
Registered
798 Posts
its going to be way more then 2000. my sister got 900 bucks for just a scrap on her front bumper. the parts on the repair alone will cost about 1300. paint is another 500, and then body work and repairs... you are looking at 3500. AND thats if you didn't recieve any bodily damages. i sore neck can get you a lot of money! haha.

but you should have enough for a jdm front end.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Every car that gets in an accident is going to have different damage... Saying you have front end damage, and saying a few panels have damage isn't going to get you anywhere on a $ quote because the extent of the damage is unknown. I have everything i need to write an estimate but i cannot write one based off what someone says is wrong with their car unless they have serious body/paint experience and can tell me what needs to be done and make judgement times.

Say, the radiator support has damage, does it need an hour of work to fix or 5 hours, or does it have to be replaced? Stuff like this is whats going to change the $ amount a lot. Speculating on what someone else paid to fix thier car will only get you so far, just get an estimate and see what it will actually cost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.