Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i'd just remind everyone to clean their aftermarket reusable air filters. I've only put about 35000km on mine and even though the k&n kit says 50000mi, I gave it a good cleaning. It's probably to do that I lived in a sandy place for a while, but I couldn't believe how much DIRT came out of it. It looked perfectly clean before I started. I had a little pile on my dryer when I was finished.

I had noticed recently my SRI seemed a bit quieter then i remembered, but I figured I had become used to it over time. Anyways, I can hear it over my stereo again at WOT. And my intermittant bogging problem seems to have dissapeared (not sure 100% if related)

anywho's, happy driving
-Steve

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Thanks for the update steve. I agree that most people neglect it since its aftermarket. Heck, even the stock one is neglected as I see everyday working on cars.

If you haven't done it in a whilke or don't remember when you've done it last, its a good time to do it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
how often should you do it exactly? ive had mine on for a year and about 8000 miles...looked at the filter a week ago and it looked almost brand new still...thats just what i could see when the car was on the lift tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.