Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran my car at keystone for import night friday...I finished 2nd in my class for 100bucks(should have won but fumbled the launch) my best run last night was a [email protected] I think....my friend nick quilified in his ls/vtec 3rd gen teg with a 13.92 but missed his 1-2 shift and ended up losing cause after the quilifing the quick 8 ran brackets. I beat a H22 hatch in the bracket easily and edged him out time wise too...I just barly beat a rabbit that dialed in at 14.7 and ran 15.0.....curt browns 1990 GSX ran amazing with a [email protected] to quilify but lost to my friends super consistant T-Type in the brackets...all in all it was a fun night and I wish I would have won the 500 but 100 isn't bad and it's more then when I got there so ohh well

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Bracket racing is pretty cool stuff. I love watching the cars edge each other at the finnish.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Most consistent times win. You could run 15's and you could beat someone who was running 14s, just as long as your times are veeeeeeery consistent. Thats the name of the game in bracket racing; consistency.

At least thats how I understand it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the key to RT is to start riding the clutch when the last yellow comes on.....I just let the clutch out to fast that last run and broke them loose.....the H22 I beat was really faster but he thought RT didn't matter so he just took his time with a 1.026RT to my .833(I knew he would be sleeping so I wanted to be sure I didn't redlight) he dialed at 13.80 to my 14.0 so I already had .2 or so on him on top of the stagered start...he ended up missing a gear or something cause he went [email protected] to my [email protected] so in the end I beat him by about a .7 seconds...also his 60ft was like 2.3 somthing to my 2.110(regular street tires with 22 or 23psi in them)...my worst 60ft was on the last race witha 2.389 so that just tells you how much I spun and still ran a 14.5...

·
Registered
608 Posts
wow this bracket racing stuff sounds very fun..never heard of it

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
bracket racing is sooooo fun. i came in 4th overall (over 60 cars started) at the battle of the imports in Joliet this past weekend... in one heat, i beat a 2001 Eclipse that was spraying... he was 1/1000th quicker, but since my R/T was quicker I won... barely... I knocked myself out in the semi-final round by breaking out by 2/10ths.. ran a 15.0 and i was dialed in at 15.2!... that sucked, but oh well... I had a great time anyway. it's all about knowing your car and being a consistant driver. practice makes perfect... just like any racing event.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts