Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at pep boys earlier and saw this fram oil drain kit. I have never seen this before, but itlooks like it could make oil changes a lot easier. It is a tube that you hook up to the drain plug. Does anyone have any experience with this or any other product like it?? I'm thinking about getting one, for $12 if it works would be worth it...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I have one, it's good sh*t. What it is it theres a plug and a drain tube. You replace your stock bolt with this oil plug which looks cool too. Then next oil change simply put on the hose and twist and the oil pours out. It really is so much less of a hassle then replacing stripped or rusted bolts all the time. Get it up its worth it. Make sure you get the right one for your car. I'm never going back.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
it sounds interesting, that replacement plug doesn't leak or anything. it ain't gonna brake or open up while i'm driving and spill oil everywhere is it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
how much do those things run? if its over 10 bucks, I'd rather just undo the stock plug everytime. Not really all that much of a hassle

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I would trust the replacement plug over any stock bolt and gasket that can dry out rather quick. The plug dosent leak and its a solid peice of brass I belive, the only way to open it is to put in the hose and twist 2 or 3 times. It runs for about 12, but it is worth it. No mess no tools except for a bucket and an oil filter wrench.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
well think of it this way, do you think Fram a reputable oil filter company among other things would release a shoddy product that would bust open and get your oil all over the place? They cant release sh*t or the rest of the company goes to sh*t.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i have it also, and it does make it a hell of a lot easier. but i do have a slight oil leak, and i had it before i put the fram kit on. i have the brass cover on tightly, and had the bolt on tightly before, but it still has a really slow leak. anyone know whats up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts