Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after along time of trying to passing smog, i finally got around to trying and bought a random tech. CAT. i pulled of my small dinky one that the owner before me had on, to my suprise it was freaken hollow! well that explained a lot of things. funny b/c when i bought my car 2 years ago i passed with flying colors, well this is before smog check 2 was implemented but dang, i have to go to work again tomorrow so that one the techs will do the smog, but dang, what a cot' damn suprise!

·
Registered
611 Posts
snoballgsr on Mar/06/04 said:
wow man, I am just glad I don't live in Cali
Seriously, I'm glad too. Wait a minute, I live in Cali
sh*te!

·
Registered
128 Posts
haha yea i know damn cops, and damn emmision and visual tests, but did you guys see the new smog manchines. haha they got dyno's on em...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, basically a dyno thats what it is, but they dont measure HP just emissions. what a b[tch. yea i was like DOH! luckly i work a dealership so the tech's could just do a pre-test on my car before anything.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
snoballgsr on Mar/05/04 said:
wow man, I am just glad I don't live in Cali
Acutally, its not as bad as everyone thinks. If you have the proper/legal parts with tuning, you shouldn't worry about emmisions.

Most of the time the people who brags about it are the ones who want non-street legal or no emmisions device on their car.

Pre-tests can be done anywhere. You just got to ask for it. I just asked a place and they charge $20 for a pre-test. Just keep in mind that thats what it is only, a pre-test to see where you emmisions are, nothing official.

·
Registered
798 Posts
hey, cali is a bad state to drive in but the best place to stay... we got the girls, sunshine. theme parks left and right, ... i love it here -minus all the gangbangers

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i got smoged today, i PASSED! with flying colors! the tech gave me a choice pay 45 for the smog or was his ford f-150, so i just washed his truck for him. all i have to pay now is 8.50 for the dealership paperwork! wont have to worry about this for another 2 years!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You're lucky! I just moved to California from Texas and spent the last two months trying to convert everything over. I have to go next weekend when my stock fuel pressure regulator comes in and hope those guys don't have me pull out EO numbers and such.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I live in cali and i never had a problem passing smog, i even have turbo on my integ lol...i dont know where u guys go to smog or what kinda set up u guys have but I have a turbo setup my buddy and I put together and I still passed on first try lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts