Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cars been makin this putt putt putt putt noise when my car idles....also...sometimes when i drive...i hear a rattling noise... today i finnaly went thru all the pipes again and found the leak...its at the end of the exhaust resonator before the flange that connects to the "S" shaped pipe...about 1 inch before the flange...i can see it welded to the resonator...and thats where i can feel hot air escaping...
what should i do? get a new resonator from greddy? or attempt to have it rewelded?? would jb weld work? and also...that rattling noise...i cannot find any loose bolts...could it be my resonator is busted inside?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
JB Weld might work since its further down the exhaust system. JB weld close to the header will melt (i have first hand experiance with this, lol).

The best bet would be to find what exactly is leaking. Its probably the gasket unless you see a hole in the exhaust, or one of the bolts is loose.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its leakin from the weld ring......i guess greddy did a bad job...(mines a trust BL) but im pretty sure they're both the same...i checked all the gaskets and bolts...no air escapting from there...ill give that jb weld a try...thanx...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. AutoZone also caries a few compounds designed to seal leaks in manifolds. That might be better suited since its designed to take much more of a beating than regular exhaust piping.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i still dunno exactly where the rattle is comming from...it wont rattle when im reving in neutral...i hafta be in gear for it to rattle...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts