Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention Edit: PICTURES NOW AVALIABLE.
I went to the junkyard with my friend today. Found two intresting things a gen1 which I was looking for to get a right turning signal from but it had these weird plastic inserts instead, It had a spraypainted white paintjob and painted white interior had nuespeed and dc stickers on it.. didnt have any of the stuff it advertised for. But the thing I was more intrested in was they had a GSR about 95 I think Frame looks good.. It needs a winshield whole front end, new interior, possibly alot of suspension work and a new motor. But I looked in the trunk and there was a gsr head and tranny and all the accesories to it. I talked to the guy he said hed sell me the head and tranny plus the rest for $125 or I could buy the whole car for 600 or so. The car im not sure if you could even put wheels on the calipers all bent. The inside has moss growing in it and sh*t and is wet but could still be salvaged what do you guys think? go for the gold or just get the scrap parts and run like a ***** or just get nothing at all? I could potentially get pictures up here really soon. Any and all opinions minus smart ass comments are most welcome.
-Shadow

·
Registered
185 Posts
You didn't mention anything about the engine...if it's there then it's a no brainer...but for 600 bucks you could part it out pretty good. Then again, you're the only one that has actually seen it...If you could part it for more than 600 bucks then get it definitely...good luck.

Edit: I see after reading it again that you said it needs a new engine....does that mean the engine is still there or it blew up or what?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Quote: The inside has moss growing in it and sh*t [/QUOTE] hahahahahahaha!

i would do it, because thats basically stealing the car, but itll definitely take alot of work... but basically youd be building your own car, however you want it like from the start, and i think thats so cool, i hope to do that someday, just find a old $500 car, strip it, and put aftermarket everything on it

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was planing to rebuild it The interior can be still be salvaged I think its only been there for a while the only interior peices missing are radio, front seats shift knob. But everything else is fine just a little rained on

Edit:The only thing im worried about is suspension and frame bendage. Seeing as how im pretty sure you cant put any wheels on it I wouldnt know how to get it out of there. The frame looks ok to me though. The body is all in good condition except for the front bumper cover and front quarter panel, also it has an aftermarket exhaust right on it couldnt tell which kind cause the cars in between some trees. Should also mention theres an intake manifold. Oh yes lest I mention the mileage on the odometer reads 80k.

·
Registered
244 Posts
gsr head & tranny for 125?
id buy that in a second man
when he said whole car for 600 did it include the frame as well? if you can get the entire engine + tranny for 600 thats a killer deal. they go for like $3500
you could rebuild it and sell it
or just drop oit in your car. i say go for it. it could be your project car

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
It might be too far gone to be a project car. But as for selling for parts it could be a good deal.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Badan: Yeah the whole car as in the frame and everything in/on it.

Ima try and get everyone a picture tomorrow its pretty jacked Im just worried about the suspension those are expensive and hard to find peices. I would want a project like that thats what iv'e always dreamed of im just wondering if I have such resources to build this bad girl back up to her full glory, I mean i get like 200 A week I pay insurance once a month which is 135 or so. But thats it for my bills pretty much. I dunno, I know if I could get it on wheels I could do the rest easy.

Keep em coming guys im intrested to hear what you think.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
buy the head and tranny tranny optional then get a 94 ls there ya go doesnt even matter how many miles on the ls if you have vtec head then little rebuild along with the ls vtec and you have a killer by the way you could probaly find a 94ls for 4 grand if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright boys and girls heres pictures of the Tegs as promised, my camera ran out midway but I still got some pretty good pics.

White G1 Shot 1

White G1 Shot 2

G1 Engine Shot (Apparantly the trannies gone but they tell me the engine is in great condition.. hmm)

The banners on the g1

Interior of g1:(notice riced out painted with white out buttons.

(I might take the seats)

Now on to the goodies:
GSR:
First Glimpse

Closer

Engine Bay

Side view

Inside

The Camera shut off right after this one dammnit, notice all the moss growing.

Toys in my trunk:

OOOH VETECY HEAD
(Just about heavy as hell)

MMM BEEFY GSR TRANNY(heavy as hell)

Just look at it begging me to put it into something

Misc parts in the back.

All in all I stipped the sh*t out of it except for the tail and head lights and spoiler but im comin back for those, My room is filled with car parts now(mommas gonna be pissed when she gets home.)

All of it weighed down my car so much that I could barely get to 40 mph in 4th damn that sucked, took an hour to carry home, but it was worth it, and this ladies and gentlemen is what I got for $125 bucks. Theres alot more but Im not taking pictures of all of it theres just way too much basically I have everything except for the block(engine and tranny wise) if you want to look at it that way. It has a black interior the door moldings are in still pretty good condition also the back moldings if anyone wants me to pull em name a price the carpets Gone though as the pictures show. Alright guys have a good one Im going to try to hide some of this stuff before my mom gets home.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
damn... what are those little animal prints... it have coons living in it or something? haha... buy the whole thing and make a racecar out of it.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i fixed the images...

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha thats weird I was fixing them probably same time you were, I thought if I just typed in IMG /IMG it would work but guess not ooh well thanks anyways LT.

·
Registered
244 Posts
dude a gsr head and tranny for 600, thats awesome. you gotta keep us updated on the progress you make with it.
im bout to go scour the junkyards around here, who knows maybe ill find a b18c head or tranny. and then come project lsvtec

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha 600
I paid 125 for everything, the whole car would have been 600, but I decided against it because I would have no where to put it and It would just cost so much to restore, would rather find a cheap ls and drop in a type R block with the gsr head on it I have the whole damn engine and trans , just no block, what the hell is up with that. He would have sold me the whole motor for 125 plus tranny and anything else I could find ( I stole the turn signals and a good integra floormat.)I still have yet to go back to get the spoiler tail lights and head lights all for 50. Like I said earlier if anyone wants me to pull the black interior...

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
DUDE I JUSS TRIED TO BE LIKE ED AND WENT TO THE JUNK YARD DOWN THE STREET. I FOUND A 12k B20 ENGINE and He is selling it to me for 150 !! SWEET..

LoL Jk... I WISH. Dude Ed you got LUCKY. I wish they had that stuff at the junkyards around here argh..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Get the engine and tranny, forget about the car, and turn the engine into a project to do in your spare time, you could fix it and sell it or build a monster out of it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts