Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have leather in your teg then you know what 3rd rate stuff it is. If you have had it for more than a year or so and haven't started to see the cracking going on then you are a lucky guy. The only way to keep leather from doing that kind of thing is to keep it properly conditioned. 4 Star has some of the best leather contioner I've used up to this point. I usually use Lexol and that has been doing fine. My major objection with it is that it stinks like dirty socks. Who wants their car to reek after detailing it?? 4 Star's Platinum Leather Conditioner is really awesome! It doesn't stink at all. In fact, it smells just like real leather! You have to smell it to believe it. It really gives your car that genuine 'new car smell' because the smell of leather was half the fun when we first got it.

My 99 teg leather just soaked in this stuff. It buffs on really easy. Just put a bit on a towel and rub it in. You wait just a few minutes and then buff the seat with a dry towel. Its gives your seats a non-glossy and non-greasy appearance. Most leather conditioners leave a greasy film on the leather that is really tough to buff off completely.

There is nothing worse than seeing drip poorly conditioned leather. This stuff is really hard to screw up with. If you are looking for a good leather conditioner then forget about Lexol. Don't forget your 12% Team Integra discount. Type 'teamintegra' in the discount field at the check out part.

I wouldn't tell you this stuff was good if it wasn't. I think I take pretty good care of my leather and this stuff made it look even better. I don't know of anything that conditions better than this stuff. Lexol is still great for a cleaner, but if you need to condition the leather then get the 4 Star brand.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing wrong with Lexol. I was just pointing out another option. Have you used this leather conditioner?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
yeah I agree. This stuff is good. I used the lexol leather cleaner and then the Platinum leather conditioner and made the leather soft and smooth. And it lasts. The seats still squeek when you get in and out almost a week later. Good stuff

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
I was searching for something else and came across this thread....

Anthony's right....this stuff ROCKS, y0! Makes your car smell AWESOME, too! I mean, it smells like NICE leather...unlike Lexol's conditioner that smells like A$$!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
well i just ordered the cleaner and conditioner so I can get my leather cleaned up before friday night (i've gotta date
)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Aug/18/02 said:
Meguiar's Gold Class leather conditioner is crap. It is so thick you cannot spread it. I actually like Turtle Wax Emerald Series leather conditioner. Cheap, applies easily, and lasts for a long time.
I agree that the gold class one sucked , i tried it before.

And thanks Anthony for the update I will have to check it out.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually had a client call me back a few weeks after I did her car and ask if I could do it again just so she could have that leather smell back in her car again. lol Its a lot better smelling stuff than that "escense of donkey urine" smell they put in Lexol. Lexol may work great, but man does it stink. When you have the choice of using something that works just as well if not better and smells like leather, why not make the switch? It is sooooo worth it. Gotta go condition my leather now. Y'all got me thinking about it. lol

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Anthony, I know you have been using this stuff for a while. What made you post about it now? When you clean your leather do you use a designated leather cleaner or Woolite:Water (1:6)? Since when do we have a 12% discount instead of 10%? Not complaining, just wondering.

I still use Lexol for the simple fact that I have not run out of it yet. I agree it stinks, however, I either spray some Ozium New Car Scent to eliminate odors or drop a Yankee Leather Car Jar (air freshner) in there.

I have used the Turtle Wax Leather Twins before and I liked them. You can get em at Sam's Club I think for about $6.88 for the 2, which is GREAT. I enjoyed the experience, just never got back there to pick up a new pair.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4 Star leather conditioner is the same thing as Platinum. Its just a different label because they changed the name.

This thread is nearly 2 years old now. lol This might have been right after 4 star became a sponsor for all I know. I might have mistyped the discount code. I think its always been 10%, but maybe it was 12 at first or something.

I'm still a huge fan of this stuff. When it first came out it was the first leather conditioner that worked as well as this does and doesn't stink. Everything else I had tried off the shelf was just really nasty stuff. The reason that I stick with it is mainly because I can buy stuff in bulk from 4 Star. I can get just about anything they make by the gallon. When you go through it like I do then getting it by the gallon is the way to go. I do several cars a week and it would get expensive to spend 500 bucks a month on detailing supplies or something. Buying in bulk keeps my overhead low and customer costs down. Plus its is damn fine product. ;)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Jngrbrdman on Apr/19/04 said:
This thread is nearly 2 years old now. lol This might have been right after 4 star became a sponsor for all I know. I might have mistyped the discount code. I think its always been 10%, but maybe it was 12 at first or something.

I'm still a huge fan of this stuff. When it first came out it was the first leather conditioner that worked as well as this does and doesn't stink. Everything else I had tried off the shelf was just really nasty stuff. The reason that I stick with it is mainly because I can buy stuff in bulk from 4 Star. I can get just about anything they make by the gallon. When you go through it like I do then getting it by the gallon is the way to go. I do several cars a week and it would get expensive to spend 500 bucks a month on detailing supplies or something. Buying in bulk keeps my overhead low and customer costs down. Plus its is damn fine product. ;)
Jeez, I guess it was a little early for me this morning. If you see, it is almost 2 years old to the day. When I glanced at the date, it said April 18. I didn't even think to look at the year. LoL.

Anyways, what's something like a gallon run? It seems a little pricey to me for only a 16 ounce bottle, but I believe your thoughts on it and would like to try out.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A gallon will run you about sixty bucks or so. Not counting the TI discount, of course. Considering the quality and how long it will last you, I'd say that is a bargin.

·
Registered
338 Posts
JNGR: Hey your fellow detailing enthusiast here from the other post...question for ya though, as you can probably tell from our other conversation, I try to keep my exterior and interior in immaculate condition. Unfortunately, I had the vehicle garaged for a over a year a while ago and the leather was in pretty bad shape when I returned to it (looks like it dried up pretty badly). It seems to have gotten a bit lighter in color and there are noticeable cracks and from the feeling of it the leather has hardened considerably. I know you recommend Leatherique, Im about to place the order for that and also the Wolfgang leather interior ****pit kit in addition to all those other orders previously mentioned in the other post. Any advice and recommendations on how to restore my leather would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks alot in advance.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, a leather expert I am not. Repairing leather has never been my specialty. I try to keep it maintained and clean, but that is about it. I haven't tried anything else from Wolfgang other than the exterior products that came in my evaluation kit. I actually wouldn't buy any till you find out what it smells like. The rest of their stuff smells like aftershave and I would hate to use a leather conditioner that smells like that.

Leatherique would be great if you have those cracks and things going on. I haven't ever used it so I couldn't give you much more information than that. I know that they have a whole line of leather care products as well as the repair stuff. My specialty is paint restoration and I don't know much about interior stuff other than how to clean it. Sorry I'm not much help...

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I can vouch for this stuff, it's awesome! My bottle has lasted me quite awhile actually. At least until I broke my cleaner one! Damn butterfingers.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just picked up some 4 Star cleaner and conditioner and it works great. I don't think the seats I did have ever felt as soft since they were new. Great stuff.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts