Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has an old ford probe turbo ('89). he will give me the turbo off of it, and i might sound really dumb, but i want to know if anything off of it is compatible with a gsr, plus what else will i need to get?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's kind of cool cuz I got a turbo and intercooler from a Izusu Impulse. The turbo is made by IHI. I think its capable of a max of 7-10lbs of boost (its very tiny.) If I can make that fit, I would want to know where can I get a manifold and downpipe to fit an integra.

·
Registered
693 Posts
AcuraGSR on Sep/17/02 said:
my friend has an old ford probe turbo ('89). he will give me the turbo off of it, and i might sound really dumb, but i want to know if anything off of it is compatible with a gsr, plus what else will i need to get?
The IC might work if it even has one. You need piping to fit your integra and a manifold etc. You may want to check the article Turbo FAQ's to see what is all listed and needed !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Most turbos will fit, it just the matter of getting the turbo manifold custom made and everything else

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
EvilFrankCastle on Sep/18/02 said:
does it still work. Most turbos stop working at 100,000 miles
Well I doubt he's trying to go through all this hassle to strap a turbo on his car that doesn't work.

stop working at 100K miles??????
umm. no.

·
Registered
108 Posts
um yes, most stock turbos stop boosting what they are supposed at 100,000 miles, then you need to upgrade to boost correctly. sugawolf's cooment. Be3fore being a smarta** check yo sh*t

·
Registered
259 Posts
EvilFrankCastle on Sep/19/02 said:
um yes, most stock turbos stop boosting what they are supposed at 100,000 miles, then you need to upgrade to boost correctly. sugawolf's cooment. Be3fore being a smarta** check yo sh*t
dude nobodys being a smartass so stop being ghetto. especially when turbos dont stop working at 100k. so check YOUR reply and stop flaming someone for being right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts