Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, not sure what model exactly I have for my recently bought Integra but on the side panel it says “GSR”, however I feel like it might be the LS because I have a non-vtec engine.

Anyhow, I’ve had the car for about two days and when driving it I noticed it is a little slower in acceleration but also when I try to speed up, like in the freeway for example, the rpms go to about 3000 before it feels like it’s a little forced and I feel the car suddenly switch gears, as in I feel like sort of tug? Not sure if this is normal or not as I’ve never driven a car that old but other than that I think it feels great and fun to drive. Any thoughts on that though? Also the car has been sitting for a while by the previous owner and not much has been done to it since he bought it. Other than a cheap DIY spray paint job

·
Administrator
4,306 Posts
To answer your first inquiry, you're correct, as it does indeed sound like you have an LS. Acura never added any specific "GSR" badging except for the 92-93 models on the rear. Additionally, there was never an automatic GSR, and all GSR's were manual.

Are you aware of how old the transmission fluid is? Start with a simplistic approach and possibly change the ATF with any better results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer your first inquiry, you're correct, as it does indeed sound like you have an LS. Acura never added any specific "GSR" badging except for the 92-93 models on the rear. Additionally, there was never an automatic GSR, and all GSR's were manual.

Are you aware of how old the transmission fluid is? Start with a simplistic approach and possibly change the ATF with any better results.
Ahh that makes sense. I kinda figured it was an LS. Thanks for the clarification!

I’m not aware of how old it is exactly but I know it’s been sitting for a while. However, just yesterday I went to a mechanic to have all the fluids get changed and they also added Genuine Honda ATF and it did feel a bit different after driving it but it might’ve been some pseudo effect lmao. I guess after more time driving it I might notice a difference? I haven’t driven much except to like local areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts