Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I was wanting to throw a type R wing on my LS, and I was wondering for those of you who have purchased a type R wing, where did you go through, how much was it, and what was your overall experience (ship time, service, etc.) It does NOT have to be painted/primered as I'm getting some paint work done later (after winter).

Thanks a bunch everyone.

- Rob

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is Wings West is more than $300! on e-bay some are around $150... but don't know if they'll be exact fit. I want one to EXACT measurements as Acura/Honda makes them.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
ebay is the cheapest but most arent GENUINE ITR spoilers...

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey I just bout an aftermarket Type R spoiler for my teg RS. Its being painted and installed for $470 can. (which is roughly $300US). Here in Toronto, we have numerous aftermarket shops so I shopped around and found this was the best deal. I get to see the spoiler after its sprayed before I commit to the deal so I find thats a nice bargain.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LT6916 on Sep/12/02 said:
ebay is the cheapest but most arent GENUINE ITR spoilers...
it doesn't have to be "genuine" like say honda part no "x" or nothing. I just want the specs to be the same... like "x" amount of mm high, wide, etc. Same angle of wing, size of base to bolt on to the trunk... you know what I mean?

I just didn't want to order through wings west (even though that's where I'm getting my lip) if I could get the same "non-genuine" type r wing on e-bay for 200 less.

·
Registered
41 Posts
go to jspamerica.com I am not sure about their price, but they have em'

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i got my ITR spoiler off ebay, looked like it fit perfectly (same dimensions as ITR) when i had the paint shop installing it they said the company made it a few millimeters too short for the holes on the spoiler to line with the holes on the hatch. But its in and looking good.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
yea when i bought my itr spoiler off ebay its was 220 total including the shipping but that was over a year ago.. now they r much cheaper.. and it was almost a perfect fit.. but like LT6916 said one of the holes didnt match up perfectly.. but a shop can easily fix that.. .. but it looks fine.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
With my LS I got mine from Wings West, which is the company that manufactures them for Comptech. I live right by Wings West so I just took it to their shop. Everything came to about $500 or so for wing, painting, and installation. Quality of the wing I can't imagine is much different from the others, however their paint job was definitely top notch. I had a silver car which is the hardest to match but they got it perfect using the factory metallic paint and everything.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
LT6916 on Sep/12/02 said:
i the company made it a few millimeters too short for the holes on the spoiler to line with the holes on the hatch. But its in and looking good.
Same here. I had to widen the bolt's holes to more of an oval shape to get it to fit correctly. Took maybe 30 minutes from start to finnish.

I bought my JSP look-a-like off a guy on Superhonda for $100 and it happened to be painted the same color I needed.

I don't think you're going to find any cheap aftermarket part that will fit exactly as it's supposed to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts