Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... well i got this done bout 2 weeks ago after one of my silverstars went out (1.5 years. not bad) and desided to do it the cheap route and get some generic 9005 nd converting them... they are Good stuff man, i'll recommend this to any one

but my question is.. well i've heard of ppl saying that the bulbs burn out easily... well one of my miss haves happened when one of the lights went out after 2 weeks... but i was wondering in the article it shows u how to convert the light

BUT wouldn't it make sense to change the fuse in the fuse box also? i mean to change the low beam fuse to the high beam fuse?? just a question////

Frank

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is a good question but I don' think the fuse has anything to do with it. You might be confusing it with a resistor, which a fuse is not.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I dont know, see when you do the 9005 conversion, if you arent careful like alot of people you MIGHT accidentally touch the glass or something of the sort which causes problems. I have had my 9005 conversion (silverstars) for 2 years now and havent had a blow out yet!! Just take you time, dont "bang" up the bulbs when you are cutting the plastic and dont touch the bulb itself

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
There is no significant wattage difference between 9006 and 9005 bulbs of the same brand. The main difference is that the 9006 bulbs normally have a silver coating over the end of the bulbs which cuts down on light output. I'm sure you've seen those on your stock bulbs. It really is silly to buy or use 9006 bulbs at all, especially since doing the 'conversion' is SOOOOOOO easy!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i didn't buy the silverstars this time around u see..

I bought some of those cool blue...lol yeah yeah i know

it was $10...

well newayz... It started to work again.. donno why.. but i guess the wiring got a lil off causei hit a pot hole i think....

but i am extra careful bout not hitting the glass..

ANd the bulbs that i got is rates at 100W for 9005

Frank

·
Registered
445 Posts
100watts will burn out your wiring. You only should use bulbs for highbeams listed at 65watts and lowbeams 55watts. I would be very carefull if I was you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts