Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a good laugh, click here...

I'm not posting this to make fun of Audi's/VW's persay...

I just think it's hilarious to look at after everything I have learned here, that people still believe throwing a chip in an Audi is going to make a huge world of difference...Rather than, building up your engine starting with bolt-ons and going from there as well as having it dyno-tuned...People still believe a generic chip is going to produce the most for their EXACT engine/application...

Plus, they make fun of an RSX-S
...Anyways, thanks to TI for teaching me all it has and look how many uneducated people are still out there

·
Registered
62 Posts
wow, that is pretty funny. Too bad the VW driver didnt get to drive the rsx-s. He might wonder what that feeling is as he takes a 25mph turn at 60 and is pulled hard to the side...rather than spin out with his jetta or what ever it is with the chip.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
GSRstilez on Feb/06/04 said:
For a good laugh, click here...

I'm not posting this to make fun of Audi's/VW's persay...

I just think it's hilarious to look at after everything I have learned here, that people still believe throwing a chip in an Audi is going to make a huge world of difference...Rather than, building up your engine starting with bolt-ons and going from there as well as having it dyno-tuned...People still believe a generic chip is going to produce the most for their EXACT engine/application...

Plus, they make fun of an RSX-S
...Anyways, thanks to TI for teaching me all it has and look how many uneducated people are still out there
A chip will make a world of difference in a 1.8T. Unlike out engines, they are turbocharged, and raising the boost using an aftermarket chip is a fast way to add quite abit of power.

But you're right, they only work up to a point, then you have to throw a bigger snail on it and get into dyno-fuel tuning.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
well with a VW its a lil different, I believe they chip their ECUs to allow the car run more boost.

not sure but I think the boost is ECU dependant and a normal MBC might not be enough.

so thats why they can add 45 HP with a chip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.