Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when you have the same size tire on a different width wheel.

Interesting eh???

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hold up on the responses while I check the link...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Link should work now. At least it did for me. Let me know if it still isn't comming up. Its an interesting comparison.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Link works...interesting pictures...I don't know that much about tires and tread wear to draw many conclusions from them...anyone care to elaborate a little?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
yeah, I must not be an auto-x guy. I don't get it at all. Something about contact patch?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well what can you guys tell from the pictures? A picture says a thousand words (sometimes more)!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Interesting...

Mounting a 205/50 tire on a 6.5" wide rim pinches the sidewall in more making the contact patch rounded where as the larger 7.0"-7.5" wide rim lets the contact patch lay flatter. Makes sense.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mystikallobster on Mar/09/04 said:
What exactly is it that you don't understand? Maybe we can help clarify things if you ask questions.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Dan...it depends on your tires too. Not all tires are created equal. Falken Azenis 205/50 are wider than most other 205/50 tires. I run my Dunlops for daily driving on my 15x6...and it's fine. It just depends what you're using it for. That's why I'm going to get at least a 15x7 for my Falkens on the track.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
white_rice on Mar/09/04 said:
Interesting...

Mounting a 205/50 tire on a 6.5" wide rim pinches the sidewall in more making the contact patch rounded where as the larger 7.0"-7.5" wide rim lets the contact patch lay flatter. Makes sense.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
For what it's worth, 205/50-15 Azenis are designed to be used with 15x6.5" wheels, so that size is going to have the ideal contact patch and tire behavior.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts