Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm sure that just like many of you, i am very annoyed at the fact that i cannot turn on my oem fog lights without the headlights being on. now, in the current issue of SCC, they show how to wire the lights to come on without the headlights, but this was on a wrx. do any of you guys know how to do this on a teg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I have it done on my 91 teg but i don't know if the wire colors are the same. Do you know?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
43,014 Posts
not sure what the confusion would be, it'd be doing the exact same thing except different colors and locations...

i'll look in the Helms manual's i have access to (my 1995 and Swift's 2001), but i need to know what year your car is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
91_Integz on Aug/20/02 said:
I have it done on my 91 teg but i don't know if the wire colors are the same. Do you know?
heh, no. i'm a complete dumbass when it comes to electrical stuff. only way i was able to install the oem fogs myself was because it was mostly prewired and i had very detailed instructions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MorningZ on Aug/20/02 said:
not sure what the confusion would be, it'd be doing the exact same thing except different colors and locations...

i'll look in the Helms manual's i have access to (my 1995 and Swift's 2001), but i need to know what year your car is
my teg is a 99 ls
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
43,014 Posts
daNattyFatty on Aug/20/02 said:
heh, no. i'm a complete dumbass when it comes to electrical stuff. only way i was able to install the oem fogs myself was because it was mostly prewired and i had very detailed instructions.
heck, if thats the case, then its even easier than comprehending the stock setup..

somewhere when you hooked up the OEM lights you fed the lights with power that goes on the same time as the headlights do, you simply reroute that power to another power source, whether its constant power (bad idea unless you like dead batteries), acc power (better idea since they can only be on the same time as the key in the ignition), or parking light power (will be like it is currently excpet they'll only come on when the parking lights are on)

if you hooked up the lights yourself, any of the above should not be even close to an issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MorningZ on Aug/20/02 said:
Quote: daNattyFatty on Aug/20/02heh, no. i'm a complete dumbass when it comes to electrical stuff. only way i was able to install the oem fogs myself was because it was mostly prewired and i had very detailed instructions.
heck, if thats the case, then its even easier than comprehending the stock setup..

somewhere when you hooked up the OEM lights you fed the lights with power that goes on the same time as the headlights do, you simply reroute that power to another power source, whether its constant power (bad idea unless you like dead batteries), acc power (better idea since they can only be on the same time as the key in the ignition), or parking light power (will be like it is currently excpet they'll only come on when the parking lights are on)

if you hooked up the lights yourself, any of the above should not be even close to an issue

[/quote]

where would the power for the parking lights be?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top