Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 gsr and im going turbo shorly..i was wondering which disk to get for the fmu...a 12:1 or a 10:1. i wont be running more than 7psi for now and will eventually be going to the vafc, but for now the fmu is how im gonna do it. im not going to wait on it either. thanks

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
You shouldn't rush your fuel management unless you like replacing engines. FMUs and missing links (ie check valves) are extremely ghetto, especially with stock injectors or no good way to tune it (ie AFC). I know all the kids are doing this, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

All you need is: 440 or 450cc injectors (DSM blue tops are good), a resistor box from a '88-91 Honda (if you need one; depends on the injectors), an upgraded fuel pump (Walbro 255lr/hr is good), and a VAFC. It's simple, works well, can be tuned, and isn't hard to install. I've been running this setup with no problems for 6 months on a stock B18B block, and I've put it through much more abuse than most people here could even think of. It would be a good idea to also retard the base timing a couple of degrees and upgrade the radiator to an all aluminum one (plastic parts don't like the heat very much).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts