Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im trying to make sense of this in my head. I understand that the the FMU makes fuel pressure adjusments based on how much boost is being run, the more boost the more pressure, right? ok well is there a limit to how much the FMU can ajust your pressure, while still using your un-modified ECU. Would something like the hondata be required to fine tune the air/fuel ratio and what not? one last thing, I know a regular FPR can only make linear adjusts to pressure, but would that still be required in conjuction with a FMU?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
What does the ECU have to do with the max fuel pressure of the Vortech FMU? As far as the ECU goes, it has no way to measure the fuel pressure. If you are talking about the ECU being able to compensate for larger injectors, that is something different.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never said the ECU had anything to do with the max fuel pressure of the FMU, you twisted the wording around in your head, but it doesnt matter, i already found out the answer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think honda fuel pumps can't pump past 75psi....so a 12:1 FMU with stock 40psi fuel presure and 8psi.....well you do the math....accually even a 8:1 would add 64psi to your fuel presure so that is over 100psi on the stock fuel pump...that is why you need an aftermarket pump to use a fmu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts