Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member and I'm looking for help :)

I have been having issues for a while from hidden antennas in my 98 Integra. Just bought a very good one, with a ground, that work very very good when key is at ACC, but when I switch to ON I get interference on hard to get stations... I search by removing fuses and found that the Fuse 44 - (FI E/M 15amp PGM-FI main relay) is the bad boy, as soon as I remove that fuse it's perfect. I also tried to disconnect the injectors, disconnect the external coil, shut the fuel pump OFF and those tests did nothing. Any inputs you might have would be appreciate!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That leaves the idle and evap purge solenoids still getting pulse-width modulated power from the ECU. Check those. Both are mounted on your intake manifold, one on top (evap purge) and one between the back of the manifold and the firewall (idle). You might be able to reduce some of the noise with either a small capacitor across the leads or even a flyback diode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I tried to disconnect the IACV and it did nothing, Also I don't have the charcoal canister connected for the last 15+years. I tried to play with other fuses to get closer to the problem and found that the fuse 13 Fuel Pump (SRS UNIT) is also the bad boy :) I have an external switch to cut the fuel pump and it does not change anything when I play with it... I think my fuel pump is not the source of my problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts